I'm planning a trip to Costa Rica. I haven't decided how long yet. I know at least a week -probably 10 days. I want to stay long enough to feel like I really got to experience Costa Rica. I'm starting at Playa Conchal and staying at the Westin and was thinking of staying there for 4 days. After that I was thinking of going to Arenal. I'm very interested in the nature/wildlife aspect of Costa Rica and, from what I've read, Arenal seems to be a good spot for that. I don't think I'm interested in going to San Jose. Can I plan a trip and see everything and just stay in Playa Conchal and Arenal or should I add another spot to my trip? I'm probably going to get a car. Are there areas I could make a day trip out of near those areas? How many days should I allot for each area? I'd like a very well rounded and exciting vacation and don't want to leave feeling like I've missed out on something.
Starting in Playa Conchal. Where next?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 5 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 11 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 12 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 13 cozumel tennis
- 14 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 15 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 17 Baja California
- 18 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 19 Mexico region question
- 20 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 21 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 22 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 23 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 24 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old