I have spent time traveling around Panama every winter starting in December when it gets cold in the north east, last year I wrote about Chiriqui province and David City its regional capitol. I went back to Bambu Hostel http://www.bambuhostel.com a very charming, clean and low cost hostal that sports a pool and gardens and got a great review in lonely planet..they are now offering spa services there, including, massage and hyrdo colonic therapy..it must be alone as the only hostel that offers spa services to backpackers! here is the website for the spa services http://www.coloncleansepanama.com I have not tried that yet but i am told that has many benefits!
Also they are offering living food and raw food detox..and will teach you how to prepare your own...
All in all a very interesting hostel and spa in david panama
Spa Services now offered in David Panama at bambu hostel
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 2 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 3 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Costa rica help
- 8 car rental companies
- 9 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 10 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 11 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 12 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 13 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 14 cozumel tennis
- 15 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 16 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 17 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 18 Baja California
- 19 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 20 Mexico region question
- 21 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 22 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 23 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 24 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old