I have spent time traveling around Panama every winter starting in December when it gets cold in the north east, last year I wrote about Chiriqui province and David City its regional capitol. I went back to Bambu Hostel http://www.bambuhostel.com a very charming, clean and low cost hostal that sports a pool and gardens and got a great review in lonely planet..they are now offering spa services there, including, massage and hyrdo colonic therapy..it must be alone as the only hostel that offers spa services to backpackers! here is the website for the spa services http://www.coloncleansepanama.com I have not tried that yet but i am told that has many benefits!
Also they are offering living food and raw food detox..and will teach you how to prepare your own...
All in all a very interesting hostel and spa in david panama
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 moving to mexico
- 2 international calling cards
- 3 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 4 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 5 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 6 Archaeological tours
- 7 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 8 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 9 moving to mexico
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanajuato
- 13 Cancun All inclusive
- 14 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 15 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 16 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 17 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 18 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 19 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 20 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 21 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 22 girls getaway
- 23 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 24 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 25 First time CR intinerary help