I have a travel dilemma,
I am very fortunate and blessed that my company gives us the opportunity to earn a vacation. My wife and I are indecisive as to whether to go on the Celebrity Summit for 8 days and 7 nights staying in an ocean view stateroom or 7 days at the Westin all inclusive resort in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Both have advantages and dis advantages and I wanted some folks out there to weigh in if they have been at either locations.
The cruise offers 4 different ports of call on the trip which is great plus Celebrity crusies receive high marks for their service. There is much to do for exploring the different ports of call or just relaxing poolside. The downside is of course with all cruises alcohol is not included and the cabin is pretty tight (170 sq ft) with no balcony.
The Westin is all inclusive with 5 or 6 different restaurants and alcohol is included. The room is spacious compared to the cruise with a deluxe jr suite at 550 square feet. The downside is that you are at 1 location the entire time and to go exploring you are paying for excursions which can be a hit or a miss depending on the tour company.
I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as we have until next week to submit our decision. If anyone has been on any similar trips please share with me your experience on that trip.
South Carribean Cruise or Playa Conchal Costa Rica?
I have a travel dilemma,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Cancun-discounts.com
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July