I have a travel dilemma,
I am very fortunate and blessed that my company gives us the opportunity to earn a vacation. My wife and I are indecisive as to whether to go on the Celebrity Summit for 8 days and 7 nights staying in an ocean view stateroom or 7 days at the Westin all inclusive resort in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Both have advantages and dis advantages and I wanted some folks out there to weigh in if they have been at either locations.
The cruise offers 4 different ports of call on the trip which is great plus Celebrity crusies receive high marks for their service. There is much to do for exploring the different ports of call or just relaxing poolside. The downside is of course with all cruises alcohol is not included and the cabin is pretty tight (170 sq ft) with no balcony.
The Westin is all inclusive with 5 or 6 different restaurants and alcohol is included. The room is spacious compared to the cruise with a deluxe jr suite at 550 square feet. The downside is that you are at 1 location the entire time and to go exploring you are paying for excursions which can be a hit or a miss depending on the tour company.
I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as we have until next week to submit our decision. If anyone has been on any similar trips please share with me your experience on that trip.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 4 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Merida in March
- 9 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 10 Mexico in March - questions
- 11 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 12 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 13 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 14 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 15 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 16 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 17 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 18 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 19 travel in Yucatan
- 20 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 21 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 22 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 23 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 24 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 25 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
I have a travel dilemma,