I'm travelling to Costa Rica for 2 weeks, arriving in San Jose very early on 31st December and am looking for advice about where to go from there. I'd like to divide my time between volcanoes, wildlife and beach (diving). Would like to go to areas that's not super touristy or super expensive. Will be using public transport so that limits my options somewhat.
Any ideas would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 2 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 5 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 6 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 7 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 8 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 9 travel in Yucatan
- 10 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 11 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 12 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 13 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 16 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 17 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 18 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 19 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 20 Another Yucatan trip report
- 21 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 22 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 23 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico
- 24 Hotels on Playa Los Muertos in PV
- 25 Excursions in Playa del Carmen