I'm considering studying abroad for several weeks in Quetzaltenango (Xela) Guatemala at a school called Sol Latina. I'm a little concerned about my safety as an African American female traveling alone, as friends and family have expressed concern and have informed me that tourist tend to be targeted for crime when leaving the Guatemala City airport and throughout Guatemala. Please give me any suggestions, safety precautions I should take and experiences you can share that may help me to make a decisions as to if I should take this trip or not. Also, if anyone is familiar with the Sol Latina Spanish School in Quetzaltenango, I love to hear your experiences with the school and host family as well.
Should I travel solo in Guatemala???
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 2 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 4 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 5 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 6 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 7 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 10 Costa Rica
- 11 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 12 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 13 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 14 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 15 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 16 Tocumen Airport layover
- 17 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca
- 18 Peace Lodge? Or somewhere else?
- 19 Sayulita infomation
- 20 Wanted! Chilled beach and snorkel time on a budget, Mexico or...?
- 21 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 22 Coastal resorts for mature single male
- 23 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 24 Wanted. Costa Rica All inclusive f/Calgary. Hoping for beach & town
- 25 Indianapolis to Puerto Vallarta by Land