I'm considering studying abroad for several weeks in Quetzaltenango (Xela) Guatemala at a school called Sol Latina. I'm a little concerned about my safety as an African American female traveling alone, as friends and family have expressed concern and have informed me that tourist tend to be targeted for crime when leaving the Guatemala City airport and throughout Guatemala. Please give me any suggestions, safety precautions I should take and experiences you can share that may help me to make a decisions as to if I should take this trip or not. Also, if anyone is familiar with the Sol Latina Spanish School in Quetzaltenango, I love to hear your experiences with the school and host family as well.
Should I travel solo in Guatemala???
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 2 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 3 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 4 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 5 Belize Itinerary help!
- 6 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 7 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 8 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 9 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 10 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 11 Costa Rica Travel
- 12 Planning Mexico by February
- 13 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 14 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 15 A Week in Montezuma
- 16 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Book set in Panama
- 19 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 20 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 21 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 22 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 23 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 24 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 25 Yucatan Peninsula Recommendations Please (Honeymoon)