I'm considering studying abroad for several weeks in Quetzaltenango (Xela) Guatemala at a school called Sol Latina. I'm a little concerned about my safety as an African American female traveling alone, as friends and family have expressed concern and have informed me that tourist tend to be targeted for crime when leaving the Guatemala City airport and throughout Guatemala. Please give me any suggestions, safety precautions I should take and experiences you can share that may help me to make a decisions as to if I should take this trip or not. Also, if anyone is familiar with the Sol Latina Spanish School in Quetzaltenango, I love to hear your experiences with the school and host family as well.
Should I travel solo in Guatemala???
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 2 mayan ruins family trip
- 3 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 4 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 5 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 6 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 7 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 8 Playa del Carmen
- 9 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 10 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 11 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 12 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 13 Mexico
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 19 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 20 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 23 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 24 Los cabos in January
- 25 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec