My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Apartment Finders
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 8 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 9 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 10 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 11 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 14 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 15 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 16 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 17 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 18 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 19 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 20 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 23 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 24 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 25 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014