My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food at Leon airport?
- 2 Food at Leon airport?
- 3 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 4 Embera Village
- 5 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 6 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 7 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 8 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 9 Costa Rica & Panama
- 10 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 11 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 12 Tela and La Ceiba
- 13 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 14 March/April weather
- 15 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 16 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 17 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 18 One Week in Southern Belize
- 19 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 20 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 21 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 22 Costa Rica four nights
- 23 One Day San Jose
- 24 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 25 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR