My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 original passports,id cards,driver's License
- 2 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 3 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 4 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 5 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 6 Costa Rica & Panama
- 7 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 8 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 9 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 10 Embera Village
- 11 an evening in San Jose...?
- 12 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 13 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 14 Food at Leon airport?
- 15 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 16 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 17 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 18 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 19 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Tela and La Ceiba
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 March/April weather
- 23 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 24 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica