My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 3 think twice before using expedia
- 4 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 best places in Baja
- 7 Beachfront in Tulum
- 8 Belize, first time
- 9 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 10 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 11 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 12 Costa Rica with young kids
- 13 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 14 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 15 Security in Oaxaca
- 16 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 17 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 18 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 19 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 20 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 21 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 22 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 23 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 24 cancun
- 25 Best 10 places in Cancun