My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 3 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 4 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 5 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 6 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 7 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 8 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 9 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 10 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 11 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 12 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 13 Merida-where to stay
- 14 Mexico City Hotels
- 15 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 17 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 18 Snorkeling
- 19 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 20 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 21 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 22 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 23 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 24 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 25 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?