My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera maya
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 4 Cabo Alternative
- 5 Driving in Belize
- 6 Costa Rica itinerary with young children
- 7 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 10 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 11 Cancun in March
- 12 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 13 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 14 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 15 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 16 8 days in costa rica!
- 17 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 18 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 19 Car Rental in Panama
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 21 Belize
- 22 Planning trip to Panama
- 23 Copa Airlines?
- 24 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 25 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna