My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 2 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 3 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 4 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 5 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 6 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 7 Monteverde from Liberia
- 8 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 9 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 12 mayan ruins family trip
- 13 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 14 Playa del Carmen
- 15 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 18 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 19 Costa Rica Vacation
- 20 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 21 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 22 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 23 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 24 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 25 Cancun - may or JUne 2015