My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 2 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 3 best places in Baja
- 4 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 5 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 6 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 7 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 8 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 9 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 10 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 11 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 12 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 14 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 15 costa rica logistics
- 16 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 17 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 costa rica logistics again
- 20 Mexico Trip
- 21 Itinerary help Montericco or Rio Dulce
- 22 Panama Activities in October?
- 23 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 24 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 25 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!