My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Central America for our winter break, and I'm looking for some advice about which country we should focus our sights on. I've been to Nicaragua and she's been to Panama, and we're thinking about visiting some new territory, but just for a short visit---8-10 days. We'd probably be more into seeing neat cultural and natural sights than bustling/nightlife-filled cities. My first thought is that we should investigate El Salvador and Guatemala. Anyone more experienced in the region have any tips---countries or possible loose itineraries?
Short Trip to Central America---which country?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 5 Backpack vs Wheels
- 6 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 7 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 8 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 11 Help with 5 days touring time
- 12 Costa Rica trip in March
- 13 Safety in Ixtapa
- 14 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 15 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 16 Adopt an animal donation?
- 17 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 18 Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 20 Roatan advice
- 21 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 22 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 23 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 24 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 25 Drive from Panama To Belize