Despite the wretched economy which we thought would keep us grounded in 2012,we just booked our flights and are now in the planning phase for a return trip at the end of March. We had a great time in Ojochal in '08 so we are thinking southern pacific coast as a base for our 9 night visit. Looking back at past reviews SFTS looks great and we would probably try to book the Monkey house for at least 4 nights. At the end of the trip we plan on relocating north near Carara Park for 2 nights to make a 11am departing flight.That leaves 3 nights still open - any recommendations? Right now we are looking at Las Cruces/ Wilson botanical gardens or staying in the same area as SFTS with a little different surroundings and book Villas de las Aves which sounds very interesting. Right now we can't decide so any help is welcomed!
Shelter from the Storm- Villas de las Aves-one or both?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 2 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 3 Playa del Carmen
- 4 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 5 Panama in October
- 6 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 7 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 8 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 9 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 10 Monteverde from Liberia
- 11 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 12 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 14 mayan ruins family trip
- 15 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 16 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation
- 21 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 22 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 23 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 24 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 25 How safe is driving a car through Mexico