Just a little heads up if you are traveling to Mexico. Be aware at all times. The gangs are really involved in a civil war with each other and its all over. I was in the boondocks near Zamora as well as in the city of Guadalajara and saw and heard evidence of shootings, homes surrounded with razor wire and many had electrified defenses. I was in Moreila shopping when 21 were shot and killed on the streets. Normal events were surrounded with gun bearing guards as well as many on the streets in the cities. So pay attention and keep your eyes open at all times.
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 4 Backpack vs Wheels
- 5 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 6 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 7 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 8 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 9 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 10 Help with 5 days touring time
- 11 Costa Rica trip in March
- 12 Safety in Ixtapa
- 13 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 14 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 15 Adopt an animal donation?
- 16 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 17 Cabo San Lucas
- 18 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 19 Roatan advice
- 20 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 21 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 22 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 23 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 24 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 25 Safety in Nicaragua