Just a little heads up if you are traveling to Mexico. Be aware at all times. The gangs are really involved in a civil war with each other and its all over. I was in the boondocks near Zamora as well as in the city of Guadalajara and saw and heard evidence of shootings, homes surrounded with razor wire and many had electrified defenses. I was in Moreila shopping when 21 were shot and killed on the streets. Normal events were surrounded with gun bearing guards as well as many on the streets in the cities. So pay attention and keep your eyes open at all times.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 5 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 6 Cancun-discounts.com
- 7 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 10 Apartment Finders
- 11 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 14 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 15 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 16 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old