Just a little heads up if you are traveling to Mexico. Be aware at all times. The gangs are really involved in a civil war with each other and its all over. I was in the boondocks near Zamora as well as in the city of Guadalajara and saw and heard evidence of shootings, homes surrounded with razor wire and many had electrified defenses. I was in Moreila shopping when 21 were shot and killed on the streets. Normal events were surrounded with gun bearing guards as well as many on the streets in the cities. So pay attention and keep your eyes open at all times.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City
- 2 Costa Rica help
- 3 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 4 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 5 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 6 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 7 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 8 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 9 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 10 Belize in June?
- 11 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 12 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 13 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 14 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 15 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 16 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 19 Monteverde Accomodations
- 20 Oaxaca in November
- 21 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 22 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 23 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 24 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 25 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?