Hi, guys - I'm interested in adding a birding area onto our next trip to Arenal. I keep reading good things about the Sarapiqui area and the San Gerardo de Dota area. Of these two, which is your favorite if you absolutely had to pick one? What are your favorite hotels and activities in each area? It sounds like the Sarapiqui area is warmer and more tropical and San Gerardo de Dota is more of a cloud forest environment. Toucans at one and quetzals at the other? Can't wait to hear your recommendations. Are there any restaurants in these areas, or do you mostly eat at the lodge? How far are they from SJO and from Arenal? Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Sarapiqui Area vs. San Gerardo de Dota?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua