Hi, guys - I'm interested in adding a birding area onto our next trip to Arenal. I keep reading good things about the Sarapiqui area and the San Gerardo de Dota area. Of these two, which is your favorite if you absolutely had to pick one? What are your favorite hotels and activities in each area? It sounds like the Sarapiqui area is warmer and more tropical and San Gerardo de Dota is more of a cloud forest environment. Toucans at one and quetzals at the other? Can't wait to hear your recommendations. Are there any restaurants in these areas, or do you mostly eat at the lodge? How far are they from SJO and from Arenal? Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Sarapiqui Area vs. San Gerardo de Dota?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Merida and The Last Resort Part One
- 2 Closed Archaeological Sites in Belize
- 3 San Miguel De Allende
- 4 Car rental in Cancun
- 5 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 6 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 7 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 8 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 9 Adopt an animal donation?
- 10 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 13 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 14 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 15 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 16 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 17 Backpack vs Wheels
- 18 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 19 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 20 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 21 Help with 5 days touring time
- 22 Costa Rica trip in March
- 23 Safety in Ixtapa
- 24 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 25 Puerto Viejo Lodging