Hi, guys - I'm interested in adding a birding area onto our next trip to Arenal. I keep reading good things about the Sarapiqui area and the San Gerardo de Dota area. Of these two, which is your favorite if you absolutely had to pick one? What are your favorite hotels and activities in each area? It sounds like the Sarapiqui area is warmer and more tropical and San Gerardo de Dota is more of a cloud forest environment. Toucans at one and quetzals at the other? Can't wait to hear your recommendations. Are there any restaurants in these areas, or do you mostly eat at the lodge? How far are they from SJO and from Arenal? Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Sarapiqui Area vs. San Gerardo de Dota?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo