Just back from Costa Rica, with a hairy travel tale re: Sansa Air. We had a confirmed reservation on Sansa at 11:45 a.m. yesterday from Quepos to San Jose, a half hour flight, leaving plenty of time to arrive for for our 2:30 p.m. flight from San Jose to San Salvador, then home from there to Boston. We arrived at the Quepos airport at 11:00, everything seemed fine until the Sansa manager there told us there were too many people for the 12-seater plane. He filled it up, but told us not to worry, they were adding a flight, and the next flight would leave a few minutes later. I started to get nervous around 12:30, and told him about our next flight, and he said "no problem, the airport won't be crowded, you'll get there in plenty of time." Our "11:45" flight finally left at 1:00, arriving at 1:35. By the time we got to the other terminal, it was 1:45, 45 minutes before our scheduled departure on TACA, with a huge line of people awaiting check-in. I spoke to the woman taking checking our passports, who said there was nothing she could do. We got in line, and I went up to the front desk, explained the situation, and was told that the flight was full, and didn't include us, we should've been there two hours in advance, and to stay in line and they'd let us know what alternatives they could arrange for us when we got to the front of the line. About five minutes before takeoff, a TACA rep came through the line calling "Boston" and grabbed us, and helped us through security and onto the plane, with seconds to spare. Very stressful way to end the trip. So if someone, anywhere, tells you the next plane will be along "a few minutes later," make sure they know about your connections, and unless you have hours of wiggle room, make sure you're on the first plane.
Sansa Air Warning
- 1 Campeche anyone?
- 2 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 3 Driving around costa ica
- 4 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 5 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 6 Belize in August with teens
- 7 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 8 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 9 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 10 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 11 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 13 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 14 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 15 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 16 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 17 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 18 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 19 Cancun day trips
- 20 Quick CR Trip Report
- 21 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 22 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 23 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 24 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 25 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?