I would like to vacation in Ixtapa in 2014. I've never had any reservations about travelling to Mexico before (have done many times) never been to Ixtapa. I've been reading conflicting reports on the safety there. Goverment site says safe to stay in resort area. Others are saying not safe for road travel. I would assume if I fly into Ixtapa/Zi and take a cab to my resort I will be fine. I also read tourists walking to and from town at night with no issues. Please help...
Safety in Ixtapa
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Apartment Finders
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 7 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 11 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 12 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 13 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 14 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 15 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 16 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 17 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 18 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 19 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 20 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 21 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 22 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 23 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 24 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 25 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres