I would like to vacation in Ixtapa in 2014. I've never had any reservations about travelling to Mexico before (have done many times) never been to Ixtapa. I've been reading conflicting reports on the safety there. Goverment site says safe to stay in resort area. Others are saying not safe for road travel. I would assume if I fly into Ixtapa/Zi and take a cab to my resort I will be fine. I also read tourists walking to and from town at night with no issues. Please help...
Safety in Ixtapa
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Departure tax
- 3 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 4 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 5 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 6 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 7 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 8 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 9 Costa Rica first timers
- 10 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 11 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 12 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 13 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 14 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 15 think twice before using expedia
- 16 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 best places in Baja
- 18 Beachfront in Tulum
- 19 Belize, first time
- 20 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 21 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 22 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 23 Costa Rica with young kids
- 24 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 25 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids