We are planning a trip this spring with a high school group (around 30 students) to Xela and the surrounding areas. We will do a home stay and daily classes at a school. My question is what do I tell the parents who are very worried about safety issues and the high crime rate in Guatemala? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Have traveled extensively through Mexico, but never to Guatemala.
Safety in Guatemla/Quetzaltenago?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 2 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 3 Guatemala customs question
- 4 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 5 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 6 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 7 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 8 booking rooms for spring break
- 9 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 10 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 13 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Mextrotter
- 16 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 19 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 20 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 21 costa rica
- 22 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 23 Car rental Cancun
- 24 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 25 Christmas in Puebla?