We are planning a trip this spring with a high school group (around 30 students) to Xela and the surrounding areas. We will do a home stay and daily classes at a school. My question is what do I tell the parents who are very worried about safety issues and the high crime rate in Guatemala? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Have traveled extensively through Mexico, but never to Guatemala.
Safety in Guatemla/Quetzaltenago?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 2 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 3 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 4 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 5 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 6 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 7 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 8 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 9 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 10 Belize Itinerary help!
- 11 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 12 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 13 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 14 Costa Rica Travel
- 15 Planning Mexico by February
- 16 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 17 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 18 A Week in Montezuma
- 19 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Book set in Panama
- 22 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 23 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 24 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 25 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon