3 unarmed policeman murdered yesterday in Ixtapa/Zihuatanajo a continuation of escalating violence in my former home.
Things (at least for me) started going in the toilet 5 years ago when my my best friend in Mexico Rafael was shot down while waiting at a bus stop in Zihua. Since then things have gone from bad to worst, This year nightly gunfire, shootings & violence which while has not involved many tourists (a couple have been shot in Ixtapa a couple of years ago) but according to friends the streets are absent of tourist after dark & fewer & fewer visitors are coming. It seems to be heading toward another Acapulco.
I have not been there for 2 years nor has my partner ( of our townhouse) widow. In fact we are in the process of selling it at a lost.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 2 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 3 playa del carmen what to do
- 4 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 5 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 6 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 7 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 8 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 9 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 10 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 11 Panama Canal Excursions
- 12 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 13 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 14 Giving back to Mexio
- 15 2 months in Central America
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 18 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 19 Belize planning help
- 20 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 21 Excellent News!
- 22 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 23 Mexico earthquake
- 24 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 25 Cabo