3 unarmed policeman murdered yesterday in Ixtapa/Zihuatanajo a continuation of escalating violence in my former home.
Things (at least for me) started going in the toilet 5 years ago when my my best friend in Mexico Rafael was shot down while waiting at a bus stop in Zihua. Since then things have gone from bad to worst, This year nightly gunfire, shootings & violence which while has not involved many tourists (a couple have been shot in Ixtapa a couple of years ago) but according to friends the streets are absent of tourist after dark & fewer & fewer visitors are coming. It seems to be heading toward another Acapulco.
I have not been there for 2 years nor has my partner ( of our townhouse) widow. In fact we are in the process of selling it at a lost.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.try-nitricstorm.com/max-test-ultra/
- 2 Belize planning help
- 3 Cenotes of Homún, south of Mérida
- 4 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 5 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 6 playa del carmen what to do
- 7 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 9 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 10 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 11 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 14 Panama Canal Excursions
- 15 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 16 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 17 Giving back to Mexio
- 18 2 months in Central America
- 19 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 20 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 21 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 22 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 23 Excellent News!
- 24 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 25 Mexico earthquake