3 unarmed policeman murdered yesterday in Ixtapa/Zihuatanajo a continuation of escalating violence in my former home.
Things (at least for me) started going in the toilet 5 years ago when my my best friend in Mexico Rafael was shot down while waiting at a bus stop in Zihua. Since then things have gone from bad to worst, This year nightly gunfire, shootings & violence which while has not involved many tourists (a couple have been shot in Ixtapa a couple of years ago) but according to friends the streets are absent of tourist after dark & fewer & fewer visitors are coming. It seems to be heading toward another Acapulco.
I have not been there for 2 years nor has my partner ( of our townhouse) widow. In fact we are in the process of selling it at a lost.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON ANTIVIRUS 24*7
- 2 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 3 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 4 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 5 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 6 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 7 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 8 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 9 Spending USD in Mexico
- 10 Family vacation
- 11 Food poisoning?
- 12 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 13 Best plan - suggestions
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 15 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 16 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 17 Guanacaste in October
- 18 Good lunch spot
- 19 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 20 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 21 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 22 Art School
- 23 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 24 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico
- 25 Is it crazy to go in August?