We have been invited to visit friends in August who will rent a house on the beach near Ensenada. We will fly into San Diego and drive with them into Mexico. (They live in San Diego and have rented houses in this area of Mexico in the past.) We will be traveling with our two children, ages 7 and 13. We have never been to Mexico before - would like tips from experienced travelers to this area of Mexico. I need info. on what US documents to bring (we don't have current passports), any safety concerns, and ideas for good restaurants, shopping (especially Mexican crafts)and interesting sights. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 2 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 3 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 4 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 5 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 8 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 9 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 10 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 11 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 12 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 13 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 14 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen