We have been invited to visit friends in August who will rent a house on the beach near Ensenada. We will fly into San Diego and drive with them into Mexico. (They live in San Diego and have rented houses in this area of Mexico in the past.) We will be traveling with our two children, ages 7 and 13. We have never been to Mexico before - would like tips from experienced travelers to this area of Mexico. I need info. on what US documents to bring (we don't have current passports), any safety concerns, and ideas for good restaurants, shopping (especially Mexican crafts)and interesting sights. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 2 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 3 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 4 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 5 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 6 Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Trip ideas needed please
- 8 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 9 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 10 tours to gatun locks panama
- 11 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 12 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 13 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 14 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 15 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Mex City Restaurant
- 18 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 19 costa rica in two weeks
- 20 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 21 Cancun Hotel
- 22 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 23 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 24 Cuernavaca
- 25 sales tax in Mexico