So my family and I are all traveling to Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Miya, Mexico, October 2011. My brother and his fiance have decided to have the ceremony at one of the resorts, so we're all packing up to join them. My grandfather/grandmother will not go, their reason is due to all the news about Mexico. I've heard the horror stories about the Mexican drug cartels kidnapping tourists for ransom money from 2008-2010 and that it is suppose to get worse 2011. I've read the other related questions about this topic already on the website but they were dated back in 2009, so I just wanted to get a feel on what everyone thought about traveling to that area for this year 2011. Your input is greatly appreciated Thank you.
Riviera Miya Mexico travel 2011, is it safe?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 2 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 car rental companies
- 6 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 7 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 cozumel tennis
- 10 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 11 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 12 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 13 Baja California
- 14 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 15 Mexico region question
- 16 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 17 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 18 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 19 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 20 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Semana Santa itinerary
- 23 San Jose del cabo
- 24 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 25 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico