So my family and I are all traveling to Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Miya, Mexico, October 2011. My brother and his fiance have decided to have the ceremony at one of the resorts, so we're all packing up to join them. My grandfather/grandmother will not go, their reason is due to all the news about Mexico. I've heard the horror stories about the Mexican drug cartels kidnapping tourists for ransom money from 2008-2010 and that it is suppose to get worse 2011. I've read the other related questions about this topic already on the website but they were dated back in 2009, so I just wanted to get a feel on what everyone thought about traveling to that area for this year 2011. Your input is greatly appreciated Thank you.
Riviera Miya Mexico travel 2011, is it safe?
- 1 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 2 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 3 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 4 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 6 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 7 Cancun day trips
- 8 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 9 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 10 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 11 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 12 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Quick CR Trip Report
- 14 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 15 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 16 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 17 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 18 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 19 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 20 Driving in Mexico
- 21 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 22 After Tikal... suggestions?
- 23 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 24 Three weeks in August 2011 - trip report
- 25 Single parent signature