So my family and I are all traveling to Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Miya, Mexico, October 2011. My brother and his fiance have decided to have the ceremony at one of the resorts, so we're all packing up to join them. My grandfather/grandmother will not go, their reason is due to all the news about Mexico. I've heard the horror stories about the Mexican drug cartels kidnapping tourists for ransom money from 2008-2010 and that it is suppose to get worse 2011. I've read the other related questions about this topic already on the website but they were dated back in 2009, so I just wanted to get a feel on what everyone thought about traveling to that area for this year 2011. Your input is greatly appreciated Thank you.
Riviera Miya Mexico travel 2011, is it safe?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 4 Car rental in Cancun
- 5 Adopt an animal donation?
- 6 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 7 San Miguel De Allende
- 8 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 9 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 10 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints