My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Renting Villa in Roatan for February '11
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 2 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 3 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 4 Osa Hotel Questions
- 5 Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 7 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 8 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 9 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 10 Trip ideas needed please
- 11 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 12 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 13 tours to gatun locks panama
- 14 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 15 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 16 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 17 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 20 Mex City Restaurant
- 21 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 22 costa rica in two weeks
- 23 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 24 Cancun Hotel
- 25 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya