My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 2 Riviera Maya itinerary
- 3 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 4 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 5 Honeymoon August 2016
- 6 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 7 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 8 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 9 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 10 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 11 Mexico City weather
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 14 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 15 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 16 Cancun AI resorts
- 17 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 18 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 19 Layover in Mexico City
- 20 Cheap Airfare on United
- 21 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 22 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 23 Cancun and Tulum
- 24 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 25 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip