My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 2 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 3 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 4 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 5 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 6 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 7 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 8 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 9 playa del carmen what to do
- 10 Panama Canal Excursions
- 11 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 12 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 13 Giving back to Mexio
- 14 2 months in Central America
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 17 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Belize planning help
- 19 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 20 Excellent News!
- 21 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 22 Mexico earthquake
- 23 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 24 Cabo
- 25 Best plan - suggestions