My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Returning home
- 2 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 3 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 4 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 5 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 6 Interjet Airline
- 7 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 8 One month surf and yoga
- 9 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 10 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 11 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 12 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 13 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 14 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 15 Cancun all inclusive
- 16 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 17 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 18 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 20 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 21 White hair in Valladolid....
- 22 Roatan
- 23 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 25 Driving Time