My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Renting Villa in Roatan for February '11
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 5 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Apartment Finders
- 7 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 8 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 9 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 10 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 11 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 12 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 13 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 14 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 15 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 16 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 17 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 18 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 19 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 20 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 21 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 22 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 23 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 24 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 25 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama