We are from Costa Rica and staying in mexico city, Zocalo, from April 29th to May 2nd, 2017, 2 persons, arriving at about 10 am and departing at 10 am.
We like to do things on our own without talking big tours or going very long distances, We are not into museums or churches, We like to see the places but not spending 3 hours on a building.
We were thinking:
Saturday April 29th: arrival, after lunch, explore the Zocalo area and some local markets (any recommendation?) at night go to see the Lucha Libre in Arena Coliseo with the Turibus, they include a city night tour and then garibaldhi on our own (Arena Mexico is not available on Saturdays), go back on our own to the hotel in Zocalo using Uber.
Sunday April 30th: early morning departure on our own to Teotihuacan, can we include a visit to Xochimilco on this day?
Monday May 1st: any recommendation on what to do?
May 2nd to 5th, taking a local flight to Merida arriving at 1 PM, We will have a car rental in the airport, so far I just know that we are exploring the town, going to sotuta de peon, progreso beach, and the maya pan site, visit chichen itza on our last day on my way to Cancun.
Thanks in advance for any recommendation on how to get the best smart itinerary possible in order to take advantage of the time.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun to Guatemala
- 2 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 3 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 4 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 5 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 6 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 7 San Miguel trivia
- 8 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 9 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 10 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 11 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 12 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 13 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 14 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 15 puerto vallarta
- 16 California Baja
- 17 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 18 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 21 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 22 Mexico City over Christmas
- 23 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 24 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 25 best shoes for Costa Rica
Recommended itinerary for 3 days in Mexico city and 3 days in Merida.