Two weeks to Costa Rica and I'm trying to get my packing thought out and organized.
For the first week hubby and I be in Naranjo, then Arenal, then Monteverde doing the hikes, ziplining and other nature things that might cause us to get wet feet or be rained on occasionally. I'm bringing a couple of dollar store rain ponchos, and possibly umbrellas...do you think we need both? The thing I find with rain wear is that water usually ends up on your shoes - umbrellas might be better, but then you're short one hand for other things...lol.
Speaking of shoes...I was going to bring a pair of crocs and one pair of hiking runners. From what I've read, my runners will probably be getting wet. I don't mind that too much (prolonged wet feet can be bad), it's the drying the shoes out and getting them clean in time for the next activity I'm concerned about. I'm a wellies person myself and always wear my knee high boots in spring and fall. Would it be worth bringing my rubber boots? They are quite comfortable, though I've not gone on extended hikes with them on.
What about duck boots? Anyone use those? If you've any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 2 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 3 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 10 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Somewhere hot!
- 13 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 14 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 15 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Cancun-discounts.com
- 17 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 18 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 19 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old