Two weeks to Costa Rica and I'm trying to get my packing thought out and organized.
For the first week hubby and I be in Naranjo, then Arenal, then Monteverde doing the hikes, ziplining and other nature things that might cause us to get wet feet or be rained on occasionally. I'm bringing a couple of dollar store rain ponchos, and possibly umbrellas...do you think we need both? The thing I find with rain wear is that water usually ends up on your shoes - umbrellas might be better, but then you're short one hand for other things...lol.
Speaking of shoes...I was going to bring a pair of crocs and one pair of hiking runners. From what I've read, my runners will probably be getting wet. I don't mind that too much (prolonged wet feet can be bad), it's the drying the shoes out and getting them clean in time for the next activity I'm concerned about. I'm a wellies person myself and always wear my knee high boots in spring and fall. Would it be worth bringing my rubber boots? They are quite comfortable, though I've not gone on extended hikes with them on.
What about duck boots? Anyone use those? If you've any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 day trips from Mexico City
- 2 Amazing..
- 3 help from a Panamanian
- 4 Dynamic Airways = LAX to Cancun
- 5 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 6 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 7 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 8 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 9 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 10 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 11 Pearl Keys
- 12 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 13 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 14 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 15 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 16 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 17 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 18 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 19 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica
- 20 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 21 Food cost for Caye Caulker, Belize or the islands?
- 22 Do NOT use ALAMO
- 23 Costa Rica- July trip
- 24 5 night Itinerary - Yucatan Peninsula
- 25 7 day western carribean on Norwegian Getaway