Two weeks to Costa Rica and I'm trying to get my packing thought out and organized.
For the first week hubby and I be in Naranjo, then Arenal, then Monteverde doing the hikes, ziplining and other nature things that might cause us to get wet feet or be rained on occasionally. I'm bringing a couple of dollar store rain ponchos, and possibly umbrellas...do you think we need both? The thing I find with rain wear is that water usually ends up on your shoes - umbrellas might be better, but then you're short one hand for other things...lol.
Speaking of shoes...I was going to bring a pair of crocs and one pair of hiking runners. From what I've read, my runners will probably be getting wet. I don't mind that too much (prolonged wet feet can be bad), it's the drying the shoes out and getting them clean in time for the next activity I'm concerned about. I'm a wellies person myself and always wear my knee high boots in spring and fall. Would it be worth bringing my rubber boots? They are quite comfortable, though I've not gone on extended hikes with them on.
What about duck boots? Anyone use those? If you've any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Mexico
- 3 Belize planning help
- 4 Another Yucatan trip report
- 5 live from PV !
- 6 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 7 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 8 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 9 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 10 2017 SMA Trip
- 11 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 12 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 13 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 14 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 15 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 16 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 18 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 19 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 20 Bocas ??
- 21 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 22 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 23 Costa Rica Connection
- 24 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 25 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita