Two weeks to Costa Rica and I'm trying to get my packing thought out and organized.
For the first week hubby and I be in Naranjo, then Arenal, then Monteverde doing the hikes, ziplining and other nature things that might cause us to get wet feet or be rained on occasionally. I'm bringing a couple of dollar store rain ponchos, and possibly umbrellas...do you think we need both? The thing I find with rain wear is that water usually ends up on your shoes - umbrellas might be better, but then you're short one hand for other things...lol.
Speaking of shoes...I was going to bring a pair of crocs and one pair of hiking runners. From what I've read, my runners will probably be getting wet. I don't mind that too much (prolonged wet feet can be bad), it's the drying the shoes out and getting them clean in time for the next activity I'm concerned about. I'm a wellies person myself and always wear my knee high boots in spring and fall. Would it be worth bringing my rubber boots? They are quite comfortable, though I've not gone on extended hikes with them on.
What about duck boots? Anyone use those? If you've any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 2 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 7 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 8 Riu vs Westin?
- 9 Sim card and power
- 10 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 11 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR