We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 2 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 3 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 4 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 5 Music Video
- 6 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 7 July Adventure
- 8 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 9 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 10 Guatemala trip in August?
- 11 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 12 Driving Central America
- 13 Nicaragua -- connection
- 14 Driving in Mexico
- 15 june trip-help with itinerary
- 16 3 weeks on the west coast
- 17 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 18 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 19 help from a Panamanian
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation Ideas 8 nights
- 21 Costa Rica Guanacaste Region and Reserva Conchal
- 22 Belize in mid September
- 23 Want to relax on a beach and do nothing
- 24 Wedding in Cancun - Sun Palace
- 25 Nicaragua accommodations advice