We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 2 Embera Village
- 3 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 4 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 5 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 6 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 7 Costa Rica & Panama
- 8 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 9 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 10 Tela and La Ceiba
- 11 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 12 March/April weather
- 13 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 14 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 15 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 16 One Week in Southern Belize
- 17 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 18 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 19 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 20 Costa Rica four nights
- 21 One Day San Jose
- 22 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 23 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 24 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 25 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!