We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 2 Day trips from around Los Suenos?
- 3 Finally made it!
- 4 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 5 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 6 Cancun, Costa Rica, Belize, or BEACH elsewhere?
- 7 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 8 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 9 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 10 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 11 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 12 Copa Airlines?
- 13 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 14 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 15 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 16 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 17 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 18 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 19 Tulum (camping)
- 20 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 21 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 22 Riviera Maya
- 23 Excursions
- 24 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 25 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?