We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 2 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 5 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 6 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 7 Monteverde from Liberia
- 8 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 9 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 12 mayan ruins family trip
- 13 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 14 Playa del Carmen
- 15 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 18 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 19 Costa Rica Vacation
- 20 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 21 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 22 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 23 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 24 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 25 Cancun - may or JUne 2015