We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
- 1 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 2 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 3 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?