We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Rental Car in Mexico
- 2 Sandals in Cancún
- 3 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 6 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 7 Costa Rica surfing
- 8 Nicaragua money questions
- 9 Blue Hole
- 10 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 11 Panama in December?
- 12 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 13 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 14 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 15 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 16 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 17 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 18 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 19 Costa Rica--first time
- 20 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 21 caravan tour of costa rica
- 22 Car rental in Cancun
- 23 Proposal
- 24 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 25 driving from laredo to the pacific side