We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get tools you can too make it faste day
- 2 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 3 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Costa Rica January
- 6 Hotel Punta Islita
- 7 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 8 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 9 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 10 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 11 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 12 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 13 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Shopping
- 16 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 18 Driving in Belize
- 19 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 20 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 21 Roatan
- 22 Mexico City and...?
- 23 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 24 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 25 First time to cabo helP??