We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 3 Oaxaca for Muertos 2017
- 4 live from PV !
- 5 Belize itinerary help
- 6 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 7 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 8 Mexico
- 9 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 10 Belize planning help
- 11 Another Yucatan trip report
- 12 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 13 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 14 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 15 2017 SMA Trip
- 16 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 17 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 18 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 19 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 20 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 21 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 22 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 23 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 24 Bocas ??
- 25 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination