We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 2 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 3 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 4 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 5 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 6 Cancun All inclusive
- 7 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 8 girls getaway
- 9 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 15 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 16 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 17 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 18 Cancun and cuba
- 19 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 20 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 21 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 24 Archaeological tours
- 25 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks