We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 2 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 5 Departure tax
- 6 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 7 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 8 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 9 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 10 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 11 Costa Rica first timers
- 12 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 13 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 14 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 15 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 16 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 17 think twice before using expedia
- 18 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 19 best places in Baja
- 20 Beachfront in Tulum
- 21 Belize, first time
- 22 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 23 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 24 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 25 Costa Rica with young kids