We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/vtrex/
- 2 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 3 PV: up the hill or closer to the beach?
- 4 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Mexico in 8 days
- 6 reliable car rental company??
- 7 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 8 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 9 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 10 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 11 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 12 Sayulita in September
- 13 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 15 Renting Car in Mexico
- 16 Car Rental in Cancun
- 17 Costa Rica
- 18 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 19 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 20 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 21 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 22 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 23 Planning a trip to Panama
- 24 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize