We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 2 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 5 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 6 Fonda Vela
- 7 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 8 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 9 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 10 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 11 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 12 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 13 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 14 Driver needed for Panama City
- 15 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 16 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 17 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 18 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 19 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 20 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 21 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 22 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 23 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 24 Christmas 2016 (budget)
- 25 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio