We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 2 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 3 Riu vs Westin?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Sim card and power
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 8 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 9 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 10 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 13 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 14 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 15 Costa rica help
- 16 car rental companies
- 17 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 18 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 cozumel tennis
- 23 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 24 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report