We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 2 Cost of prepaid taxis from Queretaro bus station to San miguel dAllende?
- 3 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 4 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 5 Trip Report: Puebla & Cuernavaca, January 2016
- 6 Best resort for our situation?
- 7 Chef/Cater in El Valle, Panama
- 8 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 9 Driver needed for Panama City
- 10 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 11 Tikal
- 12 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 13 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 14 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 15 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 16 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 17 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 18 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 19 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 20 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 21 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 22 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 23 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 24 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 25 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!