We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Costa Rica questions
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Guatemala customs question
- 7 Rainy season
- 8 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 9 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 10 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 11 booking rooms for spring break
- 12 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 13 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 14 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 15 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 16 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 17 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 18 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 19 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 20 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 Mextrotter
- 22 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 23 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 24 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 25 Costa Rica Osa Questions