We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 2 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 3 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 4 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 5 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 6 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 7 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 8 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 9 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 10 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 11 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 12 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 13 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 14 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 15 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 16 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 19 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 20 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 21 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 22 Tulum (camping)
- 23 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 24 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 25 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??