We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 2 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 3 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 4 tours to gatun locks panama
- 5 Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Trip ideas needed please
- 7 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 8 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 9 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 10 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 11 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 12 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 13 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 14 Mex City Restaurant
- 15 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 16 costa rica in two weeks
- 17 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 18 Cancun Hotel
- 19 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 20 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta
- 21 Cuernavaca
- 22 sales tax in Mexico
- 23 Alamo Car rental Liberia Costa Rica
- 24 Guide to Nicaraguan festivals and events
- 25 Labor Day Weekend Trip to Mexico