We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 2 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 3 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 4 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 5 Belize Itinerary help!
- 6 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 7 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 8 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 9 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 10 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 11 Costa Rica Travel
- 12 Planning Mexico by February
- 13 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 14 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 15 A Week in Montezuma
- 16 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Book set in Panama
- 19 Leo - email@example.com - AMAZING private driver and guide!
- 20 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 21 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 22 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 23 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 24 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 25 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste