We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 2 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 3 Costa Rica Vacation
- 4 mayan ruins family trip
- 5 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 6 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 9 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 10 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 12 Playa del Carmen
- 13 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 14 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 15 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 16 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 17 Mexico
- 18 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 19 Trip ideas needed please
- 20 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 21 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 22 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 23 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 24 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 25 buying silver jewelry in cancun