We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Fishing around Arenal
- 2 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 3 Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 6 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 7 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 8 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 9 Amazing..
- 10 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 11 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 12 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 13 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 14 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 15 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 16 First time CR intinerary help
- 17 dental implants
- 18 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 19 Costa Rica- July trip
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 22 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Best Panama beach area?
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize