We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 2 Camera & Accessories
- 3 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 4 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 5 Savegre Hotel
- 6 Wildlife in Belize
- 7 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 8 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 9 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 10 Costa Rica
- 11 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 12 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 13 Westjet flights to Merida
- 14 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 15 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 16 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 17 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 18 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 19 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 20 Belize - Where to Go?
- 21 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 22 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 23 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 25 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja