We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
rainforest day trips from Panama City?
- 1 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 2 Surfing Baja: Aacapulquito, Zippers and the Rock
- 3 Driving
- 4 Driving around costa ica
- 5 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 6 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 7 Campeche anyone?
- 8 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 9 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 10 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 11 Belize in August with teens
- 12 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 13 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 14 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 15 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 16 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 17 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 18 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 21 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 22 Cancun day trips
- 23 Quick CR Trip Report
- 24 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 25 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar