We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 verizon@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Technical SUPP0RTCAre
- 2 SBCGLOBAL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208SBCGLOBALTec*h SUPPORT
- 3 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 4 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 5 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 6 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 7 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 8 Cozumel airport transfers
- 9 Best plan - suggestions
- 10 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 11 Vacation choices
- 12 Puerto Vallarta
- 13 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 14 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 15 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 16 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 17 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 18 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 19 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 20 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 21 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 22 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 23 1/2 day excursions
- 24 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 25 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica