We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Legitimate Work at Home Jobs - Apply Now!
- 2 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 3 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 4 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 5 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 6 Activities in Costa Rica
- 7 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 8 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 9 Gluten Free Belize
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 15 In Cancun right now..
- 16 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 17 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 18 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 20 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 21 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 22 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 23 Places to stay in Belize
- 24 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 25 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip