We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/image-revive/
- 2 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 3 unsafe?
- 4 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 5 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 6 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 7 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 8 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 9 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 10 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 11 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 12 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 13 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 14 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 15 Non tourist beach in December
- 16 Driving in Mexico
- 17 Sending things back home.
- 18 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 19 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 20 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 22 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 23 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 24 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016