We will be staying in Panama City for a few days in August and I was wondering if anyone had advice as to day trips into the rainforest? We're interested in seeing animals more than we are birds.
One option seems to be the Smithsonian Barro Colorado trip (http://www.stri.si.edu/english/visit_us/barro_colorado/visit.php).
Another option seems to be one of the two day trips at Canopy Tower Lodge (http://www.canopytower.com/Day-visits).
Another option is to take a wildlife tour of the canal, though we do like the idea of at least a short hike through the rainforest so that's less appealing to us.
Has anyone done any of these? What was it like? Would you recommend a different experience that I haven't found in my research?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 2 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 3 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 4 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 5 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 6 3rd-10th april
- 7 May in Central America
- 8 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 9 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 10 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 11 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 12 Four night is PV
- 13 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 14 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 15 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 16 San Miguel
- 17 Oaxaca in march
- 18 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 19 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 20 Snorkeling trips
- 21 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 22 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 23 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 24 best new site in costa rica
- 25 Tikal, Guatemala