I'll be going to Nicaragua mid-Nov and have a few gear questions. Itinerary not worked out in detail but will probably involve Northern Highlands, Leon area, Granada area, Ometepe, & Rio San Juan.
Can you recommend a good map? If taking only 1 guidebook, what would it be?
Will low hiking shoes be OK for hiking volcanoes (Ometepe etc.) or do I need ankle-height boots?
Can I easily buy rubber boots for Rio San Juan? In S. Carlos? Granada? Ometepe?
Do I need a mosquito net?
It seems there isn't a bird guide for Nica. Am I wrong--does anyone know one? Would the Garrigues & Dean Costa Rica field guide be a decent option?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 AVIRA ANTIVIRUS 1800:570:1233 installation contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Oaxaca for Muertos 2017
- 3 Belize itinerary help
- 4 5 days in Costa Rica First time; Please help.
- 5 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 6 live from PV !
- 7 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 8 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 9 Mexico
- 10 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 11 Belize planning help
- 12 Another Yucatan trip report
- 13 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 14 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 15 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 16 2017 SMA Trip
- 17 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 18 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 19 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 20 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 21 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 22 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 25 Bocas ??