We followed Suze's recommendations and spent last Feb. in PV. We loved it there except for the fact that the water was too cold for snorkeling, or really much swimming. So, we are thinking of going farther south this year. We especially liked not having a car in PV and walking or taking local buses and water taxis. Is this lifestyle possible in Zihuatanejo? Is the food and water as safe as in PV (ie. use caution but not as likely to cause problems as some parts of Mexico)? I am going to contact Judith Whitehead as you suggested in another post-any recommendations on what area I should ask for to be car-free (but with a water view-I really need that)? Thanks in advance! Sue
Questions for Stewbear
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 2 Playa del Carmen
- 3 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 4 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 7 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 8 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 tours to gatun locks panama
- 10 Panama in October
- 11 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 12 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 13 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 14 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 15 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 16 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 17 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 18 Monteverde from Liberia
- 19 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 20 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 22 mayan ruins family trip
- 23 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 24 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!