Just booked a trip to PV for the last week of January/early February and will be staying at the Playa Conchas Chinas Hotel. Any thoughts on the hotel and the area? How's the swimming and snorkeling there this time of year? How's the hotel itself (From what I can gather, it seems like a nice smaller hotel, one that doesn't have the wow factor of the bigger and newer resorts -- and that's fine with me)? Any restaurant recommendations for near the hotel? I'm looking for places to grab an inexpensive breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as something a little nicer for dinner. This will be my third trip to Puerto Vallarta and first in four years. The last time, I stayed at the Barcelo in Mismaloya and loved it. This time, I decided to go on a tighter budget, and this seemed like a nice location. My departure date can't come soon enough.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 2 Costa Maya & Mahahual
- 3 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 4 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 5 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 6 mexico city and puebla?
- 7 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 8 10 Day Costa Rica
- 9 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 10 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 11 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 12 Cancun to Guatemala
- 13 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 14 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 15 San Miguel trivia
- 16 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 18 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 19 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 20 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 21 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 22 puerto vallarta
- 23 California Baja
- 24 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 25 Cabo, Playa, or PV?