Just booked a trip to PV for the last week of January/early February and will be staying at the Playa Conchas Chinas Hotel. Any thoughts on the hotel and the area? How's the swimming and snorkeling there this time of year? How's the hotel itself (From what I can gather, it seems like a nice smaller hotel, one that doesn't have the wow factor of the bigger and newer resorts -- and that's fine with me)? Any restaurant recommendations for near the hotel? I'm looking for places to grab an inexpensive breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as something a little nicer for dinner. This will be my third trip to Puerto Vallarta and first in four years. The last time, I stayed at the Barcelo in Mismaloya and loved it. This time, I decided to go on a tighter budget, and this seemed like a nice location. My departure date can't come soon enough.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 2 http://www.toptryloburn.com/testadrox/
- 3 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 4 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 5 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 6 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 7 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 8 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 9 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 10 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 11 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 12 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 13 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 14 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 15 Music Video
- 16 July Adventure
- 17 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 18 Guatemala trip in August?
- 19 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 20 Driving Central America
- 21 Nicaragua -- connection
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 june trip-help with itinerary
- 24 3 weeks on the west coast
- 25 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$