Just booked a trip to PV for the last week of January/early February and will be staying at the Playa Conchas Chinas Hotel. Any thoughts on the hotel and the area? How's the swimming and snorkeling there this time of year? How's the hotel itself (From what I can gather, it seems like a nice smaller hotel, one that doesn't have the wow factor of the bigger and newer resorts -- and that's fine with me)? Any restaurant recommendations for near the hotel? I'm looking for places to grab an inexpensive breakfast, lunch or dinner as well as something a little nicer for dinner. This will be my third trip to Puerto Vallarta and first in four years. The last time, I stayed at the Barcelo in Mismaloya and loved it. This time, I decided to go on a tighter budget, and this seemed like a nice location. My departure date can't come soon enough.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 2 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 3 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 4 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 5 Non tourist beach in December
- 6 unsafe?
- 7 Driving in Mexico
- 8 Sending things back home.
- 9 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 10 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 11 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 12 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 13 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 14 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 15 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 16 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 17 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 18 White hair in Valladolid....
- 19 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 20 unsafer?
- 21 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 22 Budget Belize
- 23 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 24 Costa Rica for business
- 25 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta