I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cenotes of Homún, south of Mérida
- 2 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 3 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 4 playa del carmen what to do
- 5 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 6 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 8 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 9 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 10 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 11 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 12 Panama Canal Excursions
- 13 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 14 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 15 Giving back to Mexio
- 16 2 months in Central America
- 17 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 18 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 19 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Belize planning help
- 21 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 22 Excellent News!
- 23 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 24 Mexico earthquake
- 25 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!