I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 2 test
- 3 help from a Panamanian
- 4 from arenal to la Poaz waterfall to san jose in a day?
- 5 Rain in Rivera Maya How bad is the weather in June.
- 6 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 7 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 8 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 9 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 10 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 11 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 12 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 13 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 14 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 15 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 16 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 17 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 18 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 19 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 20 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 21 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 22 Music Video
- 23 July Adventure
- 24 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 25 Guatemala trip in August?
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!