I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 2 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 3 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 4 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 5 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 6 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 7 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 8 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 9 Non tourist beach in December
- 10 unsafe?
- 11 Driving in Mexico
- 12 Sending things back home.
- 13 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 14 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 15 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 16 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 17 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 18 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 19 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 20 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 21 White hair in Valladolid....
- 22 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 23 unsafer?
- 24 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 25 Budget Belize
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!