I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cheap Hotels in Mexico City?
- 3 7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
- 4 40th Birthday Trip
- 5 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 6 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 7 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 8 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 9 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 12 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 13 La paz at christmas
- 14 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 15 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 16 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 17 Guatemala customs question
- 18 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 19 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica questions
- 21 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 25 Rainy season