I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food and health in Cancún.
- 2 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 3 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 4 Azul Sensatori
- 5 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 8 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 9 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 10 La Paloma reviews?
- 11 Westjet flights to Merida
- 12 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 13 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 14 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 15 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 16 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 17 Adult only all inclusive
- 18 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 19 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 20 Belize - Where to Go?
- 21 Savegre Hotel
- 22 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 23 Camera & Accessories
- 24 Wildlife in Belize
- 25 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!