I am turning once again to Fodor Forums for the excellent help we've received in the past. We are searching for ideas for a trip in April during which our daughter will turn 16. Several years ago we traveled to Costa Rica and loved it and thus have been considering another trip there. Yet, we also love to experience new cultures so we are considering another country such as Mexico.
It's been a rough few years for our family medically, so we are seeking a celebration and are not establishing strict budget limitations. We have never been to an all inclusive resort, but are not opposed to the idea. Cultural experiences and activities like hiking, zip lining and swimming have great appeal. A place that has natural beauty, educational/historic/ or cultural elements and lots to do would be ideal. It can be a resort or a rental home.
We are eager to read any ideas or recommendations from our friends on Fodors!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 2 Yucatan Trip--which plan sounds better?
- 3 Good eats near Lagunamar?
- 4 Hotel in Los Cabos? JW Marriott, Marquis, Hilton or Westin?
- 5 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 6 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 7 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 8 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 9 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 10 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 11 Returning home
- 12 White hair in Valladolid....
- 13 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 14 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 15 Uber in Panama
- 16 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 17 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 18 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 19 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 20 4 days in Belize
- 21 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 22 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 23 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 24 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 25 Sayulita in September
Plse help with a Celebration trip for teen and a visually impaired 11 y.o!