I would like some advice on our tentative itinerary. We have 10 nights and a rental car from Liberia airport.
We are on our honeymoon and would love to engage in a mix of active adventures and relaxing by pools. We are looking to find romantic things (couples resorts without cannonballs would be nice).
We would love to see as many animals (monkeys and sloths, not birds) and/or animal sanctuaries as possible. We also like good food, especially seafood.
We are not really into any surfing or diving. We go to beaches in Miami and Maui and would like to see something more (especially green rainforests since we live in a desert).
We would love to experience the best of Costa Rica in a limited time.
We fly in and out of Liberia airport.
Here's our tentative itinerary:
Jan 7th -- 9th (3 nights) -- Samara
Jan 10th -- 12th (3 nights) -- Mal Pais/Santa Teresa
Jan 13th -- 15th (3 nights) -- Monteverde (Monteverde Lodge)
Jan 16th -- Volcan Tenorio (Celeste Mountain Lodge)
Jan 17th -- PM head home
Any advice on restaurants, hotels, and things to do would be appreciated. Nothing will be booked until this weekend, so the itinerary is open to change.
Thanks for reading this and giving advice.
Please help with some honeymoon advice... Jan 7th -- Jan 17th
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Apartment Finders
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 8 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 9 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 10 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 11 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 14 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 15 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 16 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 17 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 18 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 19 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 20 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 23 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 24 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 25 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014