I am starting to plan next winter's travels to get me out of snowy New England . I would like to incorporate some days in the Yucatan during a 3-6 week trip to Mexico. I thought we would:
1- Fly into Cancun,and take a bus to Tulum to see Tulum ruins and Coba. (3 nights)
2-Then we would take a bus to Vallodillid to see Ek Balam, the cenotes, and perhaps Chichen Itza (3 nights)
3-Then we would take a bus to Merida to see Uxmal, ruta Puc, Izamal and Merida.(5 nights)
4-Then we would fly from Merida to Mexico city to continue our trip.
We would do this entire trip by bus and taxi as DH does not want to drive.
I'd like your input into:
1-Are the number of days allocated to each destination sufficient?
2-Are there any other must sees you would recommend in these areas?.
3-Do you have any recommendations for hotels in these areas? A/C and a good location are priorities. I'd like to stay at around $100/night or less, but would spend more for an exceptional place.
4-Would you recommend skipping Tulum and visiting Coba from Vallodilid in the interest of a more leisurely trip. Is Tulum worth the extra bus ride to get there from Cancun? We are not beach sitters though I like walking on beaches. Our main reason to be in Tulum would be to see the ruins.
Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 2 Horrible experiencia con Sol Melia
- 3 Help with Costa Rica Itinerary- 9 days
- 4 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 5 mexico city and puebla?
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Costa Maya & Mahahual
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 10 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 11 10 Day Costa Rica
- 12 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 13 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 14 Cancun to Guatemala
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 17 San Miguel trivia
- 18 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 20 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 21 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 22 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 23 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 24 puerto vallarta
- 25 California Baja