I am starting to plan next winter's travels to get me out of snowy New England . I would like to incorporate some days in the Yucatan during a 3-6 week trip to Mexico. I thought we would:
1- Fly into Cancun,and take a bus to Tulum to see Tulum ruins and Coba. (3 nights)
2-Then we would take a bus to Vallodillid to see Ek Balam, the cenotes, and perhaps Chichen Itza (3 nights)
3-Then we would take a bus to Merida to see Uxmal, ruta Puc, Izamal and Merida.(5 nights)
4-Then we would fly from Merida to Mexico city to continue our trip.
We would do this entire trip by bus and taxi as DH does not want to drive.
I'd like your input into:
1-Are the number of days allocated to each destination sufficient?
2-Are there any other must sees you would recommend in these areas?.
3-Do you have any recommendations for hotels in these areas? A/C and a good location are priorities. I'd like to stay at around $100/night or less, but would spend more for an exceptional place.
4-Would you recommend skipping Tulum and visiting Coba from Vallodilid in the interest of a more leisurely trip. Is Tulum worth the extra bus ride to get there from Cancun? We are not beach sitters though I like walking on beaches. Our main reason to be in Tulum would be to see the ruins.
Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 2 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 3 playa del carmen what to do
- 4 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 5 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 6 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 7 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 8 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 9 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 10 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 11 Panama Canal Excursions
- 12 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 13 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 14 Giving back to Mexio
- 15 2 months in Central America
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 18 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 19 Belize planning help
- 20 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 21 Excellent News!
- 22 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 23 Mexico earthquake
- 24 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 25 Cabo