I am starting to plan next winter's travels to get me out of snowy New England . I would like to incorporate some days in the Yucatan during a 3-6 week trip to Mexico. I thought we would:
1- Fly into Cancun,and take a bus to Tulum to see Tulum ruins and Coba. (3 nights)
2-Then we would take a bus to Vallodillid to see Ek Balam, the cenotes, and perhaps Chichen Itza (3 nights)
3-Then we would take a bus to Merida to see Uxmal, ruta Puc, Izamal and Merida.(5 nights)
4-Then we would fly from Merida to Mexico city to continue our trip.
We would do this entire trip by bus and taxi as DH does not want to drive.
I'd like your input into:
1-Are the number of days allocated to each destination sufficient?
2-Are there any other must sees you would recommend in these areas?.
3-Do you have any recommendations for hotels in these areas? A/C and a good location are priorities. I'd like to stay at around $100/night or less, but would spend more for an exceptional place.
4-Would you recommend skipping Tulum and visiting Coba from Vallodilid in the interest of a more leisurely trip. Is Tulum worth the extra bus ride to get there from Cancun? We are not beach sitters though I like walking on beaches. Our main reason to be in Tulum would be to see the ruins.
Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 UNITED : WINDSTREAM Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 mail b*g
- 2 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 3 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 4 Anyone interested?
- 5 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 6 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 7 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 8 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 9 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 10 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 11 Spending USD in Mexico
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Food poisoning?
- 14 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 15 Best plan - suggestions
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 17 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 18 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 19 Guanacaste in October
- 20 Good lunch spot
- 21 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 22 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 23 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 24 Art School
- 25 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School