I would really appreciate some advice on our itinerary for Costa Rica in August. We arrive in the evening on day 1, and so I imagine we would need to stay the night in San Jose that night, unless it would be safe to arrange a transfer that night? If it was, I would rather just get there than stay in San Jose?
Day 2- Puerto Viejo (stay for 2 nights)- is this the best first beach destination to choose?
Day 4- Arenal (stay for 3 nights)
Day 7- Monteverde (stay for 3 nights)
Day 10- Manuel Antonio (Stay for 3 nights)
Day 13- back to San Jose for a night before flying out
Does this seem like a reasonable itinerary? What would be the best way of travelling between those destinations?
Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 2 10 Day Costa Rica
- 3 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 4 Cancun to Guatemala
- 5 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 6 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 7 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 8 San Miguel trivia
- 9 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 11 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 12 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 13 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 14 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 15 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 16 puerto vallarta
- 17 California Baja
- 18 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 19 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 20 Best plan - suggestions
- 21 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 22 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 23 Mexico City over Christmas
- 24 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 25 info needed on NW Mexico trip