I would really appreciate some advice on our itinerary for Costa Rica in August. We arrive in the evening on day 1, and so I imagine we would need to stay the night in San Jose that night, unless it would be safe to arrange a transfer that night? If it was, I would rather just get there than stay in San Jose?
Day 2- Puerto Viejo (stay for 2 nights)- is this the best first beach destination to choose?
Day 4- Arenal (stay for 3 nights)
Day 7- Monteverde (stay for 3 nights)
Day 10- Manuel Antonio (Stay for 3 nights)
Day 13- back to San Jose for a night before flying out
Does this seem like a reasonable itinerary? What would be the best way of travelling between those destinations?
Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Please help us with our itinerary for Costa Rica!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 2 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 3 Costa Rica first timers
- 4 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 5 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 6 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 7 think twice before using expedia
- 8 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 9 best places in Baja
- 10 Beachfront in Tulum
- 11 Belize, first time
- 12 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 13 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 14 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 15 Costa Rica with young kids
- 16 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 17 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 18 Security in Oaxaca
- 19 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 20 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 21 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica