I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 2 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 3 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 4 Guatemala customs question
- 5 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 6 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 7 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 8 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 9 booking rooms for spring break
- 10 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 13 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Mextrotter
- 16 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 19 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 20 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 21 costa rica
- 22 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 23 Car rental Cancun
- 24 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 25 Christmas in Puebla?