I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo