I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 2 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 3 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 4 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 5 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 6 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 7 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 8 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 9 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 10 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 11 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 12 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 13 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 14 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 15 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 16 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 17 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 18 Tulum (camping)
- 19 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 20 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 21 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 22 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 23 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 24 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 25 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an