I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 2 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 3 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 6 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 7 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 8 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 9 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 10 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 11 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 12 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 13 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 14 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 15 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 16 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 17 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 18 Merida-where to stay
- 19 Mexico City Hotels
- 20 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 22 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 23 Snorkeling
- 24 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 25 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen