I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 2 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 3 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 4 Belize Itinerary help!
- 5 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 6 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 7 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 8 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 9 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 10 Costa Rica Travel
- 11 Planning Mexico by February
- 12 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 13 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 14 A Week in Montezuma
- 15 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 17 Book set in Panama
- 18 Leo - email@example.com - AMAZING private driver and guide!
- 19 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 20 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 21 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 22 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 23 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 24 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 25 Yucatan Peninsula Recommendations Please (Honeymoon)