I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 2 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?