I love planning vacations and through reading these boards I have had my interest sparked in skipping our usual anual trip to Disney World and instead taking my family on a trip to Costa Rica...but I could really use some help in being pointed in the right direction on where to start my research. I know very little about this country and don't know where to begin. I know there are some experts here so I'm hoping you can give me some advice. A little about me...I'll be traveling with my husband and son (age 9) and daughter (age 6). We'll be traveling on Easter week in April 2014 when the kids are off from school. We'd like to be in a family friendly resort on the beach. My kids are good swimmers but I've seen pictures in the limited research I've done so far and the waves on some of these beaches look pretty intense...is there any place to stay in Costa Rica on a beach where children can swim? It would be great if there was a resort that had activites and things to see and do right there so we could have things to do on resort days when we aren't on an excursion. I'd like to enjoy the jungles and adventures that Costa Rica has to offer, but in a perhaps "watered down" version that is safe and doable for my kids. My budget is flexible. My first priority is finding the right place for this vacation....I have a feeling that if I plan this right, it could be a very memorable trip for all of us. Any suggestions you can give me...on where to stay and what to do would be so appreciated!
Please help! Not sure where to start...planning a family trip to Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 3 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 4 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 5 Central America travel over New Year's
- 6 Mexico City
- 7 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 8 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 9 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 10 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 11 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica help
- 13 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 14 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 15 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 16 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 17 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 18 Belize in June?
- 19 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 20 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 21 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 22 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 23 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 24 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!