My wife and i are looking to spend the first 5 months (jan to may) 2013 in south and Central America (flying in from London) and would love to hear any recommendations, especially in a sensible order to travel as we are both a little travel rusty and this will be our first trip to the Americas.
I love the idea of Peru and the amazon as well as Costa Rica but apart from that flexible and open to suggestions. I'd really like to volunteer as much as possible and love the great outdoors so not so big on cities.
Although I'm feeling my age (or worse, someone olders age) backpacking is still an option. Budget is Not yet fixed but minus flights we would have perhaps £1000 per month between us.
Many thanks and good travelling
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 2 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 3 driving down through mexico
- 4 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 5 Things to do in Cabo
- 6 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 7 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 8 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 9 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 12 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 15 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 16 unsafe?
- 17 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 20 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 21 Driving in Costa Rica
- 22 Playa Mujeres
- 23 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 24 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan