My wife and i are looking to spend the first 5 months (jan to may) 2013 in south and Central America (flying in from London) and would love to hear any recommendations, especially in a sensible order to travel as we are both a little travel rusty and this will be our first trip to the Americas.
I love the idea of Peru and the amazon as well as Costa Rica but apart from that flexible and open to suggestions. I'd really like to volunteer as much as possible and love the great outdoors so not so big on cities.
Although I'm feeling my age (or worse, someone olders age) backpacking is still an option. Budget is Not yet fixed but minus flights we would have perhaps £1000 per month between us.
Many thanks and good travelling
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 2 La Fortuna via Poas
- 3 Got out of Mayan Palace timeshare scam
- 4 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 5 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 6 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 7 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 8 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 10 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 11 Yet another Costa Rica question!
- 12 E. Coast Mexican resort good for teens?
- 13 Cobo San Lucas For The Day
- 14 Patricia missed Puerta Vallarta, so...
- 15 Cruise trip to Western Caribbean in Feb.'16.
- 16 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 17 LaPaz Baja car rental
- 18 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 19 Need to find companions for drive to Panama from US
- 20 Costa Rica: Arenal or Monteverde
- 21 Weather in Playa Del Carmen?
- 22 Should I take my hiking boots?
- 23 Help with 7 week itinerary
- 24 Geisha Coffee Seeds/green beans
- 25 Manuel Antonio or Uvita