My wife and i are looking to spend the first 5 months (jan to may) 2013 in south and Central America (flying in from London) and would love to hear any recommendations, especially in a sensible order to travel as we are both a little travel rusty and this will be our first trip to the Americas.
I love the idea of Peru and the amazon as well as Costa Rica but apart from that flexible and open to suggestions. I'd really like to volunteer as much as possible and love the great outdoors so not so big on cities.
Although I'm feeling my age (or worse, someone olders age) backpacking is still an option. Budget is Not yet fixed but minus flights we would have perhaps £1000 per month between us.
Many thanks and good travelling
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 2 Interjet Airline
- 3 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 4 One month surf and yoga
- 5 Returning home
- 6 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 7 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 8 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 9 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 10 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 11 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 12 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 13 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 14 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 15 Cancun all inclusive
- 16 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 17 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 18 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 20 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 21 White hair in Valladolid....
- 22 Roatan
- 23 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 25 Driving Time