My wife and i are looking to spend the first 5 months (jan to may) 2013 in south and Central America (flying in from London) and would love to hear any recommendations, especially in a sensible order to travel as we are both a little travel rusty and this will be our first trip to the Americas.
I love the idea of Peru and the amazon as well as Costa Rica but apart from that flexible and open to suggestions. I'd really like to volunteer as much as possible and love the great outdoors so not so big on cities.
Although I'm feeling my age (or worse, someone olders age) backpacking is still an option. Budget is Not yet fixed but minus flights we would have perhaps £1000 per month between us.
Many thanks and good travelling
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa rica help
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 car rental companies
- 4 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 6 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 7 cozumel tennis
- 8 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 9 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 11 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 12 Baja California
- 13 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 14 Mexico region question
- 15 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 16 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 17 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 18 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 19 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Semana Santa itinerary
- 22 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 23 San Jose del cabo
- 24 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 25 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico