My wife and i are looking to spend the first 5 months (jan to may) 2013 in south and Central America (flying in from London) and would love to hear any recommendations, especially in a sensible order to travel as we are both a little travel rusty and this will be our first trip to the Americas.
I love the idea of Peru and the amazon as well as Costa Rica but apart from that flexible and open to suggestions. I'd really like to volunteer as much as possible and love the great outdoors so not so big on cities.
Although I'm feeling my age (or worse, someone olders age) backpacking is still an option. Budget is Not yet fixed but minus flights we would have perhaps £1000 per month between us.
Many thanks and good travelling
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 2 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 3 Fishing around Arenal
- 4 Costa Rica- July trip
- 5 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 6 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 7 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 9 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 10 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 11 help from a Panamanian
- 12 Best Panama beach area?
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 Guanacaste
- 16 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Riu Cancun
- 18 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 19 Passport expires soon
- 20 dental implants
- 21 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 22 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 23 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 24 day trips from Mexico City
- 25 Costa Rica - What to see with a guide vs on your own?