I plan to go to Panama in March for a week - ten day trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and later will enter Panama
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Panama, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, the Panama canal of course… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
what do you think?
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four night is PV
- 2 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 3 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 4 San Miguel
- 5 Oaxaca in march
- 6 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 9 Snorkeling trips
- 10 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 11 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 12 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 13 best new site in costa rica
- 14 Tikal, Guatemala
- 15 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 16 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 17 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 19 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 20 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 21 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 22 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 23 Panama Canal
- 24 need info on visiting the wineries in then Valle de Guadalupe
- 25 Wildlife viewing in Mexico (?)