I plan to go to Panama in March for a week - ten day trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and later will enter Panama
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Panama, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, the Panama canal of course… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
what do you think?
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Panama on low budget?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 2 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 3 Costa Rica questions
- 4 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 5 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 6 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 7 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 8 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 9 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 12 booking rooms for spring break
- 13 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 14 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 15 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 16 Mextrotter
- 17 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 20 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 21 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 22 costa rica
- 23 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 24 Car rental Cancun
- 25 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….