I plan to go to Panama in March for a week - ten day trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and later will enter Panama
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Panama, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, the Panama canal of course… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
what do you think?
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cardinals vs. Rams
- 2 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 6 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 7 Mexico
- 8 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Another Yucatan trip report
- 11 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 12 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 13 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 14 2017 SMA Trip
- 15 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 16 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 17 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 18 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 19 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 20 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 21 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 22 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 23 Bocas ??
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 25 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca