We are a family of 4 (kids are 7 and 9). We are looking for a trip to CA with a lot of snorkleling, animals of all kinds and maybe some easy adventure (Kayaking, caves or similar). We have three weeks to spend and would like to have the best possible trip with one or two countries not to many stops all to gether and not a too large budget to begin with.
We started out thinking to go to Panama. Located some possible destinations. So far we have Bocas del Toro, Guna Yala, Contador Islands( the whole area looks promising really)
But since we really could not choose how long to stay in each place we got even more confused and wideend our horizont a start looking for other countries as well and are now looking on quite a few other places like Roatan in Honduras, Belize (Cayes and atolls mostly maybe the ATM cave) and maybe Costa Rica.
What are your ideas? Right now our best pick are: Start with 1 week in Belize travel to Panama and spend the reminder there. 1 week Contador Islands area, 3-5 days in Guna Yala and the reminder will be mostly transfer and one or two days in Panama City for some shopping before going home
Any tips appreciated!
/A family in early planning stages!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/lean-garcinia-plus/
- 2 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 3 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 4 Uber in Panama
- 5 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 6 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 7 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 8 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 9 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 10 4 days in Belize
- 11 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 12 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 13 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 14 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 15 Sayulita in September
- 16 Tulum Ruins
- 17 5 day belize itinerary
- 18 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 19 Copper Canyon
- 20 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 21 JW Marriott Rio Hto
- 22 Recommended itinerary for 3 days in Mexico city and 3 days in Merida.
- 23 Belize- whale shark swimming
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report - mother/daughter
- 25 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time