We are a family of 4 (kids are 7 and 9). We are looking for a trip to CA with a lot of snorkleling, animals of all kinds and maybe some easy adventure (Kayaking, caves or similar). We have three weeks to spend and would like to have the best possible trip with one or two countries not to many stops all to gether and not a too large budget to begin with.
We started out thinking to go to Panama. Located some possible destinations. So far we have Bocas del Toro, Guna Yala, Contador Islands( the whole area looks promising really)
But since we really could not choose how long to stay in each place we got even more confused and wideend our horizont a start looking for other countries as well and are now looking on quite a few other places like Roatan in Honduras, Belize (Cayes and atolls mostly maybe the ATM cave) and maybe Costa Rica.
What are your ideas? Right now our best pick are: Start with 1 week in Belize travel to Panama and spend the reminder there. 1 week Contador Islands area, 3-5 days in Guna Yala and the reminder will be mostly transfer and one or two days in Panama City for some shopping before going home
Any tips appreciated!
/A family in early planning stages!
Panama, Honduras, Belize?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo