We are a family of 4 (kids are 7 and 9). We are looking for a trip to CA with a lot of snorkleling, animals of all kinds and maybe some easy adventure (Kayaking, caves or similar). We have three weeks to spend and would like to have the best possible trip with one or two countries not to many stops all to gether and not a too large budget to begin with.
We started out thinking to go to Panama. Located some possible destinations. So far we have Bocas del Toro, Guna Yala, Contador Islands( the whole area looks promising really)
But since we really could not choose how long to stay in each place we got even more confused and wideend our horizont a start looking for other countries as well and are now looking on quite a few other places like Roatan in Honduras, Belize (Cayes and atolls mostly maybe the ATM cave) and maybe Costa Rica.
What are your ideas? Right now our best pick are: Start with 1 week in Belize travel to Panama and spend the reminder there. 1 week Contador Islands area, 3-5 days in Guna Yala and the reminder will be mostly transfer and one or two days in Panama City for some shopping before going home
Any tips appreciated!
/A family in early planning stages!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 2 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 3 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 4 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 5 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 6 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 7 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 8 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 9 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 10 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 11 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 12 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 13 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 14 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 15 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 16 Fonda Vela
- 17 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 18 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 19 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 20 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 21 Driver needed for Panama City
- 22 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 23 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 24 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 25 Costa Rica Cruise - Details