We are a family of 4 (kids are 7 and 9). We are looking for a trip to CA with a lot of snorkleling, animals of all kinds and maybe some easy adventure (Kayaking, caves or similar). We have three weeks to spend and would like to have the best possible trip with one or two countries not to many stops all to gether and not a too large budget to begin with.
We started out thinking to go to Panama. Located some possible destinations. So far we have Bocas del Toro, Guna Yala, Contador Islands( the whole area looks promising really)
But since we really could not choose how long to stay in each place we got even more confused and wideend our horizont a start looking for other countries as well and are now looking on quite a few other places like Roatan in Honduras, Belize (Cayes and atolls mostly maybe the ATM cave) and maybe Costa Rica.
What are your ideas? Right now our best pick are: Start with 1 week in Belize travel to Panama and spend the reminder there. 1 week Contador Islands area, 3-5 days in Guna Yala and the reminder will be mostly transfer and one or two days in Panama City for some shopping before going home
Any tips appreciated!
/A family in early planning stages!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 3rd-10th april
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 4 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 5 May in Central America
- 6 Four night is PV
- 7 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 8 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 9 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 10 San Miguel
- 11 Oaxaca in march
- 12 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 13 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 14 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 15 Snorkeling trips
- 16 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 17 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 18 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 19 best new site in costa rica
- 20 Tikal, Guatemala
- 21 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 22 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 23 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 24 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 25 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula