We began the 30 day stay in Panama Mar 1, 2011. American Airline International travel allowed us to check in 2 luggage per person with no charge. WOW. We had 1 each plus small carry on. We packed for 2 Adults 50ish. As a female, I packed for 1 week and a few extras. Think about it. You go to your favorite few items at home. I have 7 pair shorts, 2 pants (1 denim,1 tan)9 shirts all short sleeve except 1 oxford shirt, 7 sets under garments, 3 swim suits, 3 shoes: Teva sandal, dress sandal low heel and tennis shoes & 1 little black dress. Husband left with 6 shorts, 2 swim trunks, 7 short sleeve shirts included 2 button up, 2 pants (1 denim 1 black), 7 underwear. We both color coordinated the shirts to wear with multiple bottoms. It has worked well so far. No private washer, however it has not been hard to wash 1 load twice per week at common area. Panama City is warm (90), however locals take pride in appearance. I felt under dressed even walking downtown in shorts. Ladies wear jeans, slacks, dresses all day. Same with men. No shorts. I'm sure this is plenty on the subject of clothes. I've used the Teva sandals the most. Comfort from day 1. They hike, bike and dine with a dress or pant very well. Next blog will not be so boring. Thanks for reading, Ronga
Panama, Bocas del Toro & Boquete Travels of 1 month
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 6 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 7 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 8 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 9 Riu vs Westin?
- 10 Sim card and power
- 11 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR