We began the 30 day stay in Panama Mar 1, 2011. American Airline International travel allowed us to check in 2 luggage per person with no charge. WOW. We had 1 each plus small carry on. We packed for 2 Adults 50ish. As a female, I packed for 1 week and a few extras. Think about it. You go to your favorite few items at home. I have 7 pair shorts, 2 pants (1 denim,1 tan)9 shirts all short sleeve except 1 oxford shirt, 7 sets under garments, 3 swim suits, 3 shoes: Teva sandal, dress sandal low heel and tennis shoes & 1 little black dress. Husband left with 6 shorts, 2 swim trunks, 7 short sleeve shirts included 2 button up, 2 pants (1 denim 1 black), 7 underwear. We both color coordinated the shirts to wear with multiple bottoms. It has worked well so far. No private washer, however it has not been hard to wash 1 load twice per week at common area. Panama City is warm (90), however locals take pride in appearance. I felt under dressed even walking downtown in shorts. Ladies wear jeans, slacks, dresses all day. Same with men. No shorts. I'm sure this is plenty on the subject of clothes. I've used the Teva sandals the most. Comfort from day 1. They hike, bike and dine with a dress or pant very well. Next blog will not be so boring. Thanks for reading, Ronga
Panama, Bocas del Toro & Boquete Travels of 1 month
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 2 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 3 best places in Baja
- 4 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 5 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 6 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 7 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 8 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 9 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 10 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 11 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 12 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 14 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 15 costa rica logistics
- 16 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 17 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 costa rica logistics again
- 20 Mexico Trip
- 21 Itinerary help Montericco or Rio Dulce
- 22 Panama Activities in October?
- 23 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 24 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 25 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!