We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
One week trip in June- Hondouras?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?