We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four night is PV
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 4 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 5 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 6 San Miguel
- 7 Oaxaca in march
- 8 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 9 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 10 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 11 Snorkeling trips
- 12 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 13 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 14 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 15 best new site in costa rica
- 16 Tikal, Guatemala
- 17 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 18 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 20 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 21 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 22 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 23 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 24 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 25 Panama Canal