We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/pronutra-matrixes/
- 2 Non tourist beach in December
- 3 unsafe?
- 4 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 5 Driving in Mexico
- 6 Sending things back home.
- 7 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 8 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 9 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 11 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 12 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 13 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 14 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 16 White hair in Valladolid....
- 17 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 18 unsafer?
- 19 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 20 Budget Belize
- 21 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 22 Costa Rica for business
- 23 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 24 Mexico City safety
- 25 My Topic TitleHow to get to Chiquila from Cancún