We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
One week trip in June- Hondouras?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 7 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 8 Riu vs Westin?
- 9 Sim card and power
- 10 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 11 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR