We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 2 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 3 Mexico
- 4 live from PV !
- 5 Belize itinerary help
- 6 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 7 Belize planning help
- 8 Another Yucatan trip report
- 9 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 10 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 11 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 12 2017 SMA Trip
- 13 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 14 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 15 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 16 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 17 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 18 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 19 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 20 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 21 Bocas ??
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 23 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 24 Costa Rica Connection
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District