We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 2 Guanajuato
- 3 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 4 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 5 Fishing around Arenal
- 6 First time CR intinerary help
- 7 Amazing..
- 8 dental implants
- 9 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 10 Costa Rica- July trip
- 11 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 12 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 13 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 14 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 15 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 16 help from a Panamanian
- 17 Best Panama beach area?
- 18 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 19 Guanacaste
- 20 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Riu Cancun
- 22 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 23 Passport expires soon
- 24 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 25 Need Suggestions for Guatemala