We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 2 Mexico in March - questions
- 3 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 4 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 5 Merida in March
- 6 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 7 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 8 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 9 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 10 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 11 travel in Yucatan
- 12 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 13 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 14 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 15 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 16 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 17 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 18 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 19 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 20 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 21 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 22 Another Yucatan trip report
- 23 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 24 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 25 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico