We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://healthpurelives.com/neuro-xr/
- 2 Belize planning help
- 3 Cenotes of Homún, south of Mérida
- 4 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 5 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 6 playa del carmen what to do
- 7 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 9 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 10 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 11 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 14 Panama Canal Excursions
- 15 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 16 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 17 Giving back to Mexio
- 18 2 months in Central America
- 19 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 20 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 21 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 22 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 23 Excellent News!
- 24 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 25 Mexico earthquake