We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.tryperfectgarcinia.com/maxtropin-review/
- 2 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 3 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 4 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 5 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 6 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 7 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 8 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 9 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 10 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 11 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 12 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 13 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 14 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 15 Music Video
- 16 July Adventure
- 17 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 18 Guatemala trip in August?
- 19 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 20 Driving Central America
- 21 Nicaragua -- connection
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 june trip-help with itinerary
- 24 3 weeks on the west coast
- 25 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$