We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 2 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 3 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 4 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 5 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 6 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 7 driving down through mexico
- 8 Things to do in Cabo
- 9 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 10 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 11 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 15 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 16 Driving in Mexico
- 17 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 18 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 19 unsafe?
- 20 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 21 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 23 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 24 Driving in Costa Rica
- 25 Playa Mujeres