I admittedly have not started doing any research at all, but I want to know if I am on the right track with Costa Rica. We have done the Caribbean a few times with and without our kids - Jamaica, Bahamas, DR, Anguilla, St. Thomas & St. John, Turks & Caicos, and Cancun on college spring break, though that hardly counts!
I said to my husband out of the blue that this year I wanted to see monkeys and do ziplines on spring break. I don't know if I came up with the idea of Costa Rica or if it was recommended by a friend but it seems like it could fit the bill. Once I decide on a country or island I will do TONS of research, but I thought you could help me decide if I am even on the right track. These are some of the things I am looking for (and this list is admittedly mostly for myself so some things may seem silly to you):
- Monkeys & zipline (i.,e., kid friendly adventure and wildlife)
- 8 nights, fine to split between 2 hotels, 1 in jungle and 1 on beach
- probably jungle first, then beach
- maybe surf lessons on beach
- not too far from airport especially on return
- time zone not too far off from East Coast
- kid friendly resorts
- direct flight from NYC, preferably JFK but Newark might be ok.
- budget is not really an issue - I know there will be resorts in every budget and we are happy to splurge to get whatever amenities we decide we are looking for on this trip.
It might seem like I'm asking for specific resort requests and I'm really not. I'm sure every COUNTRY has kid friendly resorts, so it might seem silly to list that as a requirement, but still there might be entire countries that I would say would be better explored by adults, though I can't think of one now! I hope you all get what I mean.
We will be going on spring break in April, by the way.
So does it sound like CR could fit the bill?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Apply For Drivers License, Passport, Id Card
- 2 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 3 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 4 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 5 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 6 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 7 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 8 help from a Panamanian
- 9 Best Panama beach area?
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanacaste
- 13 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Riu Cancun
- 15 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 16 Passport expires soon
- 17 dental implants
- 18 Los Algodones Baja Mexico
- 19 Need Suggestions for Guatemala
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Is it really worth it to go all the way to Placencia?
- 22 day trips from Mexico City
- 23 Costa Rica - What to see with a guide vs on your own?
- 24 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 25 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
On the right track? family trip to Costa Rica with 8 & 10 YO