I admittedly have not started doing any research at all, but I want to know if I am on the right track with Costa Rica. We have done the Caribbean a few times with and without our kids - Jamaica, Bahamas, DR, Anguilla, St. Thomas & St. John, Turks & Caicos, and Cancun on college spring break, though that hardly counts!
I said to my husband out of the blue that this year I wanted to see monkeys and do ziplines on spring break. I don't know if I came up with the idea of Costa Rica or if it was recommended by a friend but it seems like it could fit the bill. Once I decide on a country or island I will do TONS of research, but I thought you could help me decide if I am even on the right track. These are some of the things I am looking for (and this list is admittedly mostly for myself so some things may seem silly to you):
- Monkeys & zipline (i.,e., kid friendly adventure and wildlife)
- 8 nights, fine to split between 2 hotels, 1 in jungle and 1 on beach
- probably jungle first, then beach
- maybe surf lessons on beach
- not too far from airport especially on return
- time zone not too far off from East Coast
- kid friendly resorts
- direct flight from NYC, preferably JFK but Newark might be ok.
- budget is not really an issue - I know there will be resorts in every budget and we are happy to splurge to get whatever amenities we decide we are looking for on this trip.
It might seem like I'm asking for specific resort requests and I'm really not. I'm sure every COUNTRY has kid friendly resorts, so it might seem silly to list that as a requirement, but still there might be entire countries that I would say would be better explored by adults, though I can't think of one now! I hope you all get what I mean.
We will be going on spring break in April, by the way.
So does it sound like CR could fit the bill?
Thanks in advance!!
On the right track? family trip to Costa Rica with 8 & 10 YO
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 2 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 3 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 4 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 5 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 6 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 7 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 8 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 9 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 10 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 11 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 12 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 13 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 14 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 15 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 16 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 19 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 20 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 21 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 22 Tulum (camping)
- 23 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 24 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 25 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??