Hi Mexico experts...
Besides Cancun a lifetime ago, I've never been to Mexico.
A friend and his wife recently built a retirement home in Oaxaca and have invited us to come vacation there. They are only there October-April. I don't want to say "we are thinking of coming" unless I'm pretty certain we will go and so I'm doing my research.
I've read a bit, and it looks like an interesting way to spend spring break with my daughter. She is studying Spanish and is interested in languages as well as crafts, markets, local color, archeological sites.
I like art and crafts as well and would love to learn a few Spanish phrases.
My idea was to do a language school a couple hours a day and hang out in the city and environs - nothing too taxing. Possibly get a trip to the beach for the weekend although that may be ambitious - we probably only have about 8 days.
My friend and his wife are lovely and she is a local with family aplenty.
What do you think?? Any firsthand experiences? Language programs? Restaurants? Culture you enjoyed.
(Weighing this against a week in Europe with visit to our good friends in Zürich.)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 2 Cost of prepaid taxis from Queretaro bus station to San miguel dAllende?
- 3 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 4 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 5 Trip Report: Puebla & Cuernavaca, January 2016
- 6 Best resort for our situation?
- 7 Chef/Cater in El Valle, Panama
- 8 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 9 Driver needed for Panama City
- 10 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 11 Tikal
- 12 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 13 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 14 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 15 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 16 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 17 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 18 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 19 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 20 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 21 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 22 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 23 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 24 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 25 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
Oaxaca in March with my 17-year-old? Opinions/ideas sought.
Hi Mexico experts...