Hi Mexico experts...
Besides Cancun a lifetime ago, I've never been to Mexico.
A friend and his wife recently built a retirement home in Oaxaca and have invited us to come vacation there. They are only there October-April. I don't want to say "we are thinking of coming" unless I'm pretty certain we will go and so I'm doing my research.
I've read a bit, and it looks like an interesting way to spend spring break with my daughter. She is studying Spanish and is interested in languages as well as crafts, markets, local color, archeological sites.
I like art and crafts as well and would love to learn a few Spanish phrases.
My idea was to do a language school a couple hours a day and hang out in the city and environs - nothing too taxing. Possibly get a trip to the beach for the weekend although that may be ambitious - we probably only have about 8 days.
My friend and his wife are lovely and she is a local with family aplenty.
What do you think?? Any firsthand experiences? Language programs? Restaurants? Culture you enjoyed.
(Weighing this against a week in Europe with visit to our good friends in Zürich.)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 2 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 3 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 4 3rd-10th april
- 5 May in Central America
- 6 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 9 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 10 Four night is PV
- 11 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 12 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 13 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 14 San Miguel
- 15 Oaxaca in march
- 16 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 17 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 18 Snorkeling trips
- 19 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 20 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 21 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 22 best new site in costa rica
- 23 Tikal, Guatemala
- 24 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 25 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
Oaxaca in March with my 17-year-old? Opinions/ideas sought.
Hi Mexico experts...