Hi Mexico experts...
Besides Cancun a lifetime ago, I've never been to Mexico.
A friend and his wife recently built a retirement home in Oaxaca and have invited us to come vacation there. They are only there October-April. I don't want to say "we are thinking of coming" unless I'm pretty certain we will go and so I'm doing my research.
I've read a bit, and it looks like an interesting way to spend spring break with my daughter. She is studying Spanish and is interested in languages as well as crafts, markets, local color, archeological sites.
I like art and crafts as well and would love to learn a few Spanish phrases.
My idea was to do a language school a couple hours a day and hang out in the city and environs - nothing too taxing. Possibly get a trip to the beach for the weekend although that may be ambitious - we probably only have about 8 days.
My friend and his wife are lovely and she is a local with family aplenty.
What do you think?? Any firsthand experiences? Language programs? Restaurants? Culture you enjoyed.
(Weighing this against a week in Europe with visit to our good friends in Zürich.)
Oaxaca in March with my 17-year-old? Opinions/ideas sought.
Hi Mexico experts...
- 1 Merida and The Last Resort Part One
- 2 Closed Archaeological Sites in Belize
- 3 San Miguel De Allende
- 4 Car rental in Cancun
- 5 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 6 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 7 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 8 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 9 Adopt an animal donation?
- 10 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 13 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 14 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 15 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 16 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 17 Backpack vs Wheels
- 18 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 19 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 20 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 21 Help with 5 days touring time
- 22 Costa Rica trip in March
- 23 Safety in Ixtapa
- 24 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 25 Puerto Viejo Lodging