Hi Mexico experts...
Besides Cancun a lifetime ago, I've never been to Mexico.
A friend and his wife recently built a retirement home in Oaxaca and have invited us to come vacation there. They are only there October-April. I don't want to say "we are thinking of coming" unless I'm pretty certain we will go and so I'm doing my research.
I've read a bit, and it looks like an interesting way to spend spring break with my daughter. She is studying Spanish and is interested in languages as well as crafts, markets, local color, archeological sites.
I like art and crafts as well and would love to learn a few Spanish phrases.
My idea was to do a language school a couple hours a day and hang out in the city and environs - nothing too taxing. Possibly get a trip to the beach for the weekend although that may be ambitious - we probably only have about 8 days.
My friend and his wife are lovely and she is a local with family aplenty.
What do you think?? Any firsthand experiences? Language programs? Restaurants? Culture you enjoyed.
(Weighing this against a week in Europe with visit to our good friends in Zürich.)
Oaxaca in March with my 17-year-old? Opinions/ideas sought.
Hi Mexico experts...
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cuernavaca
- 2 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 3 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 4 cancun
- 5 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 6 best places in Baja
- 7 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 8 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 9 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 10 costa rica in two weeks
- 11 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 12 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 13 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 14 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 15 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 16 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 17 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 18 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 20 costa rica logistics
- 21 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 22 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 costa rica logistics again
- 25 Mexico Trip