We recently returned from OAT's Route of the Maya trip and would like to recommend this trip highly to anyone with an interest in Mayan culture and ruins and also in life in Central America. The trip spends a brief amount of time in El Salvador, Honduras, and Belize, with the main focus being in Guatemala. This trip far exceeded our expectations. It was great fun to tromp through the jungles to find the ruins rising above the canopy. The vast scope of these areas was a big surprise. We visited villages of indigenous peoples and learned about their unique culture. We visited a local elementary school and had lunch with a local family. We saw beautiful scenery everywhere we went. This is a wonderful and interesting place to visit. On top of that, we are frequent OAT travelers, and once again OAT provided us with unique accommodations, many learning experiences and an excellent guide. If anyone has questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OAT Route of the Maya Trip
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 2 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 3 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Costa rica help
- 6 car rental companies
- 7 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 8 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 9 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 10 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 11 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 12 cozumel tennis
- 13 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 14 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 16 Baja California
- 17 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 18 Mexico region question
- 19 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 20 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 21 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 22 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 23 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Semana Santa itinerary