My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica around the second week in May. We will be spending the first part of our trip in the La Foruna/Arenal area. Following that we plan on driving to a town on the coast (spend 3-5 days), before flying out of Liberia.
I have read many forums on both Nosara and Samara. It seems that they are pretty comparable towns in terms of what they offer. I have read, however, some negative reports on crime in Nosara. The posts were a few years old - is this still a concern?
We are looking for some beautiful beaches, a safe area, good food, hiking trails/yoga facilities, and a charming small town feel. We are renting a car; however, having the option of walking during our stay would be a plus. We are thinking about going deep sea fishing.
We would appreciate any feedback anyone would have about both towns in addition to any affordable hotels.
Nosara vs. Samara
- 1 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 2 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 3 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 4 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 5 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 6 Help with 5 days touring time
- 7 Costa Rica trip in March
- 8 Safety in Ixtapa
- 9 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 10 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 11 Adopt an animal donation?
- 12 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 13 Cabo San Lucas
- 14 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 15 Roatan advice
- 16 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 17 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 18 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 19 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 20 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 21 Safety in Nicaragua
- 22 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 23 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 24 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 25 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica