My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica around the second week in May. We will be spending the first part of our trip in the La Foruna/Arenal area. Following that we plan on driving to a town on the coast (spend 3-5 days), before flying out of Liberia.
I have read many forums on both Nosara and Samara. It seems that they are pretty comparable towns in terms of what they offer. I have read, however, some negative reports on crime in Nosara. The posts were a few years old - is this still a concern?
We are looking for some beautiful beaches, a safe area, good food, hiking trails/yoga facilities, and a charming small town feel. We are renting a car; however, having the option of walking during our stay would be a plus. We are thinking about going deep sea fishing.
We would appreciate any feedback anyone would have about both towns in addition to any affordable hotels.
Nosara vs. Samara
- 1 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 2 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 3 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 4 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 5 Cancun day trips
- 6 Quick CR Trip Report
- 7 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 8 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 9 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 10 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 11 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 12 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 13 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 14 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 15 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 16 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 18 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 19 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 20 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 21 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 22 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 23 Driving in Mexico
- 24 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 25 After Tikal... suggestions?