Six of us (ages 30+ and 60+) are planning a March trip. Having been to Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Tortuguero and La Fortuna, we are considering a week on the Nicoya Peninsula. If you were planning this trip (from SJO) how would you plan your time? Where would you stay and what would you do for transportation? In the past we have used the shuttles but would consider a rental car. The 30-somethings seem to think that Tamarindo is the place to go. I have my reservations about that based on Fodor's guidebook. I found an amazing rental (VRBO) in Langosta, but am leery about that being too touristy also. We don't need a lot of nightlife, just good beaches, hiking, animals, fishing, etc. Help!
Nicoya, what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua