Six of us (ages 30+ and 60+) are planning a March trip. Having been to Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Tortuguero and La Fortuna, we are considering a week on the Nicoya Peninsula. If you were planning this trip (from SJO) how would you plan your time? Where would you stay and what would you do for transportation? In the past we have used the shuttles but would consider a rental car. The 30-somethings seem to think that Tamarindo is the place to go. I have my reservations about that based on Fodor's guidebook. I found an amazing rental (VRBO) in Langosta, but am leery about that being too touristy also. We don't need a lot of nightlife, just good beaches, hiking, animals, fishing, etc. Help!
Nicoya, what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 3 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 4 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 5 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 6 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 La paz at christmas
- 9 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 10 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 11 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 12 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 13 Guatemala customs question
- 14 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 15 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 16 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 17 Costa Rica questions
- 18 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 19 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 20 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 21 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 22 Rainy season
- 23 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 24 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 25 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??