Six of us (ages 30+ and 60+) are planning a March trip. Having been to Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Tortuguero and La Fortuna, we are considering a week on the Nicoya Peninsula. If you were planning this trip (from SJO) how would you plan your time? Where would you stay and what would you do for transportation? In the past we have used the shuttles but would consider a rental car. The 30-somethings seem to think that Tamarindo is the place to go. I have my reservations about that based on Fodor's guidebook. I found an amazing rental (VRBO) in Langosta, but am leery about that being too touristy also. We don't need a lot of nightlife, just good beaches, hiking, animals, fishing, etc. Help!
Nicoya, what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 4 Cancun-discounts.com
- 5 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Apartment Finders
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 16 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old