Which travel guide book would you recommned for Nicaragua? I realize this is Fodor's site, but if you've been to Nicaragua and used a guide book you found really useful, please let me know. As background, we're mid-50s; not backpackers but not Hilton folks either - local accommodations/food and comfortable bed are the priorities; travel in moderate $ style according to the country; love history, food, local beer/wine, beaches, mountains, new experiences -- just about anything; will travel to Granada, Leon and Penitas area for 2 weeks. Have traveled to known and remote places for 30 years, typically 1x or 2x per year. Travel independently - usually hire local guides once there. Research lots b4 going; sometimes purchase travel guides; sometimes just print/use information from the net. Thanks for any/all suggestions/information.
Nicaragua - which travel guide did you like or find useful
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Apartment Finders
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 7 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 11 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 12 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 13 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 14 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 15 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 16 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 17 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 18 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 19 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 20 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 21 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 22 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 23 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 24 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 25 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres