Which travel guide book would you recommned for Nicaragua? I realize this is Fodor's site, but if you've been to Nicaragua and used a guide book you found really useful, please let me know. As background, we're mid-50s; not backpackers but not Hilton folks either - local accommodations/food and comfortable bed are the priorities; travel in moderate $ style according to the country; love history, food, local beer/wine, beaches, mountains, new experiences -- just about anything; will travel to Granada, Leon and Penitas area for 2 weeks. Have traveled to known and remote places for 30 years, typically 1x or 2x per year. Travel independently - usually hire local guides once there. Research lots b4 going; sometimes purchase travel guides; sometimes just print/use information from the net. Thanks for any/all suggestions/information.
Nicaragua - which travel guide did you like or find useful
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 2 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 3 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 4 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 5 Renting a car in Cancun
- 6 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 7 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 8 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 9 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 10 A Week in Montezuma
- 11 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 12 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 13 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 14 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 15 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 16 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 17 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 18 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 20 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 21 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 22 Belize Itinerary help!
- 23 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 24 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 25 Costa Rica Travel