My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 2 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 3 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 4 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 5 Tulum (camping)
- 6 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 7 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 8 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 9 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 10 Riviera Maya
- 11 Excursions
- 12 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 13 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 14 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 15 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 16 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 17 Eric Brahms
- 18 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 19 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 20 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 21 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 22 Cancel a timeshare
- 23 Suze Posada de Roger
- 24 Kid friendly resort in Riviera Maya
- 25 San Jose Itinerary