My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
[Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ