My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 2 Food and health in Cancún.
- 3 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 4 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 5 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 6 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 7 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 8 Azul Sensatori
- 9 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 10 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 11 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 12 La Paloma reviews?
- 13 Westjet flights to Merida
- 14 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 15 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 16 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 17 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 18 Adult only all inclusive
- 19 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 20 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 21 Belize - Where to Go?
- 22 Savegre Hotel
- 23 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 24 Camera & Accessories
- 25 Wildlife in Belize