My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
[Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Apartment Finders
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 9 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 11 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 13 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 14 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 15 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 16 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 17 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 18 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 19 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 22 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 23 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 24 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 25 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City