My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
[Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 3 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 4 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 5 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 8 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 9 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 10 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 11 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 12 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 13 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 14 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen