My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 2 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 3 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 4 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 5 Cancun AI resorts
- 6 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 7 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 8 Layover in Mexico City
- 9 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 10 Cheap Airfare on United
- 11 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 12 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 13 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 14 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 15 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 16 Cancun and Tulum
- 17 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 18 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 19 February in Costa Rica
- 20 Wild Planet Adventures
- 21 Gap Year Travels
- 22 Selva Verde question
- 23 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 24 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 25 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica