My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
[Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 2 Embera Village
- 3 an evening in San Jose...?
- 4 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 5 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 6 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 7 Food at Leon airport?
- 8 Food at Leon airport?
- 9 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 10 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 11 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 12 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 13 Costa Rica & Panama
- 14 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 15 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 16 Tela and La Ceiba
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 March/April weather
- 19 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 20 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 21 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 22 One Week in Southern Belize
- 23 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 24 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 25 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?