My girlfriend and I will be heading down to Nicaragua this August and are hoping to spend about two nights in the San Juan Del Sur area. I know it's well established that this is a hotspot for surfing, which is fine, but neither my girlfriend nor I surf, nor do we plan to while there. That said, I was wondering what are some of the better swimming beaches in that region? I've seen some photos of some pretty awesome looking coves around there, but couldn't find out where exactly they are.
Also, I was thinking that we would stay in Playa Marsella. Anyone have any advice on that front? I'd love to rent a cabaña or something along those lines if possible. This is going to come at the tail end of our trip, so I'd like to find something chill and relaxing for us to do.
[Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 8 Somewhere hot!
- 9 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 10 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 11 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Cancun-discounts.com
- 14 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 15 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 16 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 17 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 18 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 20 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 21 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 22 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 23 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 24 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 25 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?