We (widely traveled and kinda adventurous 60+ year olds) would like to add a week in Nicaragua onto our Panama-Costa Rica cruise. We have traveled in both of those countries in the past and would like to get a look at some of Nicaragua too. We know the infrastructure is far less developed from that in CR/P, but we've read that it is a lovely country with friendly people and quite safe for travelers. Any recommendations on must-sees and should- avoids? We both speak Spanish.
Nicaragua in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 2 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 3 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 4 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 5 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 6 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 7 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 8 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 9 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Belize Itinerary help!
- 12 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 13 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 14 Costa Rica Travel
- 15 Planning Mexico by February
- 16 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 17 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 18 A Week in Montezuma
- 19 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Book set in Panama
- 22 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 23 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 24 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 25 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon