We (widely traveled and kinda adventurous 60+ year olds) would like to add a week in Nicaragua onto our Panama-Costa Rica cruise. We have traveled in both of those countries in the past and would like to get a look at some of Nicaragua too. We know the infrastructure is far less developed from that in CR/P, but we've read that it is a lovely country with friendly people and quite safe for travelers. Any recommendations on must-sees and should- avoids? We both speak Spanish.
Nicaragua in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 2 best places in Baja
- 3 cancun
- 4 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 5 Cuernavaca
- 6 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 7 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 8 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 9 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 10 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 11 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 12 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 13 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 14 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 15 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 16 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 17 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 18 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 20 costa rica logistics
- 21 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 22 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 costa rica logistics again
- 25 Mexico Trip