I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 2 Savegre Hotel
- 3 Westjet flights to Merida
- 4 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 5 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 6 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 7 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 8 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 9 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 10 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 11 Belize - Where to Go?
- 12 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 13 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 14 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 15 Camera & Accessories
- 16 Wildlife in Belize
- 17 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 18 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 19 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
- 20 Nicaraguan Beaches
- 21 Nicaragua money questions
- 22 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 23 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 24 Questions for Suze and others
- 25 Rio Celeste?