I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tortuguero, Costa Rica - Central America's Amazon
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report - mother/daughter
- 3 Merida in March
- 4 all inclusive resort on the beach
- 5 Mexico in March - questions
- 6 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 9 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 10 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 11 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 12 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 13 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 14 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 15 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 16 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 17 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 18 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 19 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 20 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 21 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 22 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 23 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 24 travel in Yucatan
- 25 Driving through Mexico to Belize