I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Quality Novelty IDs and Passports,and Drivers license etc
- 2 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 3 Belize beach / Jungle trip ideas?
- 4 Matamoros
- 5 Central America vacation in September
- 6 Costa Rica--first time
- 7 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 8 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 9 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 10 Granada or Leon
- 11 Rental Car in Mexico
- 12 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 13 Sandals in Cancún
- 14 Belize itinerary help
- 15 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 16 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 17 Costa Rica surfing
- 18 Nicaragua money questions
- 19 Blue Hole
- 20 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 21 Panama in December?
- 22 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 23 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 24 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 25 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?