I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Need help with beach destination in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 2 Costa Rica Vacation
- 3 mayan ruins family trip
- 4 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 5 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 8 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 9 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 10 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 11 Playa del Carmen
- 12 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 13 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 14 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 15 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 16 Mexico
- 17 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 18 Trip ideas needed please
- 19 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 22 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 23 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 24 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 25 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?