I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Offer financing between individual at a rate of 2% not years.
- 2 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 3 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 4 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 5 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 6 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 7 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 8 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 9 3rd-10th april
- 10 May in Central America
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 13 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 14 Four night is PV
- 15 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 16 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 17 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 18 San Miguel
- 19 Oaxaca in march
- 20 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 21 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 22 Snorkeling trips
- 23 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 24 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 25 best new site in costa rica