I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 2 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 3 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 4 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 5 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 6 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 7 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 8 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 9 Cheap Airfare on United
- 10 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 11 Cancun and Tulum
- 12 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 13 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 14 February in Costa Rica
- 15 Wild Planet Adventures
- 16 Gap Year Travels
- 17 Selva Verde question
- 18 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 19 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 20 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 21 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica
- 22 Coba and Tulum
- 23 Advice on Costa Rica vacation
- 24 Mexico- beach resort, PV? SJ Del Cabo??
- 25 19-hour Layover in Panama City - Need some advice