I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 2 Itinerary help
- 3 First Vacation!
- 4 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 5 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 8 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 9 Activities in Costa Rica
- 10 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 11 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 12 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 13 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 14 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 15 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 16 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 17 Gluten Free Belize
- 18 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 19 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 20 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 21 In Cancun right now..
- 22 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 23 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 25 Architecture - Old and New Mexico