I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 2 Traveling to Central America
- 3 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 4 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 5 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 6 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 7 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 8 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 9 Guanajuato
- 10 Costa Rica January
- 11 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 Shopping
- 14 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 16 Driving in Belize
- 17 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 18 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 19 Roatan
- 20 Mexico City and...?
- 21 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 22 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 23 First time to cabo helP??
- 24 driving colorado to costa rica
- 25 6 months - too much?