I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Costa Rica
- 5 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 6 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 7 reliable car rental company??
- 8 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 9 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 10 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 14 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 15 best air route san diego to san jose
- 16 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 17 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 18 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 19 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 20 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 21 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 22 Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 24 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 25 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...