I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Archaeological tours
- 2 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 3 moving to mexico
- 4 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 5 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 6 moving to mexico
- 7 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 8 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 9 Guanajuato
- 10 Cancun All inclusive
- 11 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 12 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 13 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 14 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 15 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 16 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 17 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 18 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 19 girls getaway
- 20 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 21 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 22 First time CR intinerary help
- 23 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 24 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 25 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary