I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico
- 2 live from PV !
- 3 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 4 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 5 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 6 Another Yucatan trip report
- 7 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 8 2017 SMA Trip
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 11 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 12 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 13 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 17 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 18 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 19 Bocas ??
- 20 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 21 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 22 Costa Rica Connection
- 23 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 24 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 25 Cabos to Todos Santos