I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Need help with beach destination in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 2 Belize in June?
- 3 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 4 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 5 Mexico City
- 6 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 7 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 8 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 9 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 10 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 11 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 12 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 13 Monteverde Accomodations
- 14 Oaxaca in November
- 15 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 16 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 17 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 18 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 19 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 20 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica
- 21 Dominical Costa Rica
- 22 some suggestions on Nica itinerary? and some guidance on bus schedules?
- 23 Anyone use Economy Car Rental in Costa Rica?
- 24 Best places to see in Mexico for 5 day Thanksgiving trip?
- 25 getting from point A to B to C in Costa Rica