I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://getclasaffloweroil.com/smart-money-secret-reviews/
- 2 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 5 Returning home
- 6 White hair in Valladolid....
- 7 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 8 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 9 Uber in Panama
- 10 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 11 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 12 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 13 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 14 4 days in Belize
- 15 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 16 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 17 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 18 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 19 Sayulita in September
- 20 Tulum Ruins
- 21 5 day belize itinerary
- 22 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 23 Copper Canyon
- 24 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 25 JW Marriott Rio Hto