I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 2 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 3 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 4 Rental Car in Mexico
- 5 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 6 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 7 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 8 Costa Rica--first time
- 9 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 10 caravan tour of costa rica
- 11 Blue Hole
- 12 Car rental in Cancun
- 13 Proposal
- 14 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 15 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 16 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 17 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 18 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 19 Seaweed
- 20 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 21 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 22 Savegre Hotel
- 23 The russians are coming to Nicaragua
- 24 Guanacaste & Puntarenas
- 25 Tours starting and ending in Liberia, Costa Rica?