I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 2 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 3 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 4 Planning a car trip
- 5 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 6 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 7 first timers planning our own trip
- 8 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 9 Beach for kids in CR
- 10 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 11 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 14 Costa Rica itinerary
- 15 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 16 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 17 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 18 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 21 La Fortuna via Poas
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter