I posted a few months ago about help for my family of 4's first trip to Costa Rica. I was a little worried about how to make the trip relaxing, yet see the best of Costa Rica! Well, I finally booked the airfare and for the first 4 nights we will stay at Hotel el Silencio del Campo in La Fortuna. I keep going back and forth on where to stay the next 4 nights.....
We will be traveling mid April and after Arenal wanted to head to the beach for some down time and to see a different part of Costa Rica. On my short list so far is Tulemar Bungalows or La Mariposa in Manual Antonio, Ylang Yang in Montezuma, FlorBlanca in Santa Teresa.
Manual Antonio looks beautiful, more tropical, but none of the hotels really are right on the beach. Even though the hotels offer direct beach access and have beautiful views....we will still have to trek from room to beach. Will it be that big of an inconvenience?
Montezuma and Santa Teresa look like cute little beach towns and the hotels are right on the beach. However, in mid April, at the end of the dry season, will the sceanery be dry and dusty? We are looking for that green/tropical feeling.
Any other differences between the areas I mentioned? Any other suggestions for hotels I might have missed?
Need help with beach destination in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 2 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 3 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 4 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 5 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 6 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 7 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 8 Looking for member reviews of Gran Caribe Real in Cancun
- 9 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 10 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 11 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 12 celebration in Huatulco - Villa Pacifico or VillaBlanca or other? Help please
- 13 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 14 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 15 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 16 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 17 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 18 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 19 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 20 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 21 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 22 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 23 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 24 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 25 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui