Here's the deal:
I'm planning a honeymoon for late June/early July for about 10 days...problem is, I just don't know where to go! We'd like to go somewhere that's not too overrun with tourists and that presents a nice variety of activities. The one thing we're not really looking to do is beach, I was born and raised in Hawaii and am pretty well spoiled on the ocean. I guess a good mix of city and jungle/ancient civilization/adventure type of deal is what we're looking for. I don't even know if this exists but I thought I'd put a feeler out there and see what all you seasoned travelers could come up with.
I've been looking in to Belize but can't make up my mind...any ideas? Where to go, what you recommend I see, suggested itineraries.
P.S. We're coming from Denver, Colorado.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 2 Westjet flights to Merida
- 3 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 4 Belize - Where to Go?
- 5 Savegre Hotel
- 6 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 7 Camera & Accessories
- 8 Wildlife in Belize
- 9 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 10 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Costa Rica
- 13 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 14 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 15 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 16 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 17 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 18 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 19 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 21 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 22 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 23 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 25 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
Here's the deal: