Here's the deal:
I'm planning a honeymoon for late June/early July for about 10 days...problem is, I just don't know where to go! We'd like to go somewhere that's not too overrun with tourists and that presents a nice variety of activities. The one thing we're not really looking to do is beach, I was born and raised in Hawaii and am pretty well spoiled on the ocean. I guess a good mix of city and jungle/ancient civilization/adventure type of deal is what we're looking for. I don't even know if this exists but I thought I'd put a feeler out there and see what all you seasoned travelers could come up with.
I've been looking in to Belize but can't make up my mind...any ideas? Where to go, what you recommend I see, suggested itineraries.
P.S. We're coming from Denver, Colorado.
Need help with 10-day Itinerary
Here's the deal:
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 2 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 3 Tulum (camping)
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 6 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 7 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 10 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 11 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 12 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 13 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 14 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 15 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 16 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 17 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 18 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 19 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 20 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 21 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 23 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica
- 25 Car Service from Cancun Airport