Here's the deal:
I'm planning a honeymoon for late June/early July for about 10 days...problem is, I just don't know where to go! We'd like to go somewhere that's not too overrun with tourists and that presents a nice variety of activities. The one thing we're not really looking to do is beach, I was born and raised in Hawaii and am pretty well spoiled on the ocean. I guess a good mix of city and jungle/ancient civilization/adventure type of deal is what we're looking for. I don't even know if this exists but I thought I'd put a feeler out there and see what all you seasoned travelers could come up with.
I've been looking in to Belize but can't make up my mind...any ideas? Where to go, what you recommend I see, suggested itineraries.
P.S. We're coming from Denver, Colorado.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 3 In Cancun right now..
- 4 Gluten Free Belize
- 5 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 6 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 7 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 9 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 10 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 11 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 12 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 13 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 14 Places to stay in Belize
- 15 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 16 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 17 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 18 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 21 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 22 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 23 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 24 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 25 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
Here's the deal: