I am planning our 10th Wedding Anniversary vaca and am so overwhelmed with options. We will only have 4 nights/5 days to be gone and will be traveling from Dallas. All we care about is relaxing (soaking up every moment of silence without our two toddlers!), a beautiful beach, good food and really nice accommodations. I really wanted to go to T&C or Caneel Bay but after looking into travel time logistics have gotten discouraged because I don't want to spend 2 of our precious days getting there and back. I'm still leery of traveling to Mexico's Caribbean for safety reasons and am not interested in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, etc.
Anyone out there have any suggestions for a fantastic trip with minimum travel time from Texas that would be an extremely memorable trip? Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 4 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 5 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 6 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 7 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 8 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 9 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 10 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 11 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 12 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 13 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 14 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 15 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 16 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 17 Fonda Vela
- 18 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 19 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 20 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 21 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 22 Driver needed for Panama City
- 23 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 24 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 25 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
Need Help Planning 10th Anniversary Beach Vaca-Limited Travel Time