I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 2 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 3 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 4 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 5 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 6 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 7 Non tourist beach in December
- 8 unsafe?
- 9 Driving in Mexico
- 10 Sending things back home.
- 11 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 12 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 13 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 14 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 15 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 16 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 17 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 19 White hair in Valladolid....
- 20 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 21 unsafer?
- 22 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 25 Costa Rica for business