I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 2 playa del carmen what to do
- 3 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 4 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 5 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 6 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 7 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 8 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 9 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 10 Panama Canal Excursions
- 11 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 12 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 13 Giving back to Mexio
- 14 2 months in Central America
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 17 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Belize planning help
- 19 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 20 Excellent News!
- 21 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 22 Mexico earthquake
- 23 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 24 Cabo
- 25 Best plan - suggestions