I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Need help for my honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 2 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 3 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 4 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 5 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 La paz at christmas
- 8 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 9 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 10 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 11 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 12 Guatemala customs question
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 15 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 16 Costa Rica questions
- 17 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 18 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 19 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 20 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 21 Rainy season
- 22 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 23 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 24 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 25 booking rooms for spring break