I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 2 Beach for kids in CR
- 3 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 4 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 5 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 6 Costa Rica itinerary
- 7 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 8 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 9 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 10 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 11 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 12 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 13 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 14 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 16 La Fortuna via Poas
- 17 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 18 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 19 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 20 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 21 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 22 Yet another Costa Rica question!
- 23 E. Coast Mexican resort good for teens?
- 24 Cobo San Lucas For The Day
- 25 Patricia missed Puerta Vallarta, so...