I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Need help for my honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 2 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 3 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 4 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 5 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 6 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 7 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 8 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 9 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 10 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 11 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 12 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 13 Tulum (camping)
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 16 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 17 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 18 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 19 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 20 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 21 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 22 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 23 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 24 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango