I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Need help for my honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 6 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 7 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 8 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 9 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 10 Somewhere hot!
- 11 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 12 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 13 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Cancun-discounts.com
- 16 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 17 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 18 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 19 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 21 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 22 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 23 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 24 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 25 1 month itinerary US/Mexico