I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 2 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 3 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 4 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 5 girls getaway
- 6 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 7 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 8 Guanajuato
- 9 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 10 First time CR intinerary help
- 11 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 12 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 13 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 14 Cancun All inclusive
- 15 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 16 Cancun and cuba
- 17 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 18 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 19 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 20 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 21 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 22 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 23 Archaeological tours
- 24 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 25 ISO nice Merida colonial hotel for anniv.