I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Need help for my honeymoon
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 8 days in costa rica!
- 2 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 3 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 4 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 5 Car Rental in Panama
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 7 Belize
- 8 Planning trip to Panama
- 9 Copa Airlines?
- 10 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 11 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 12 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 13 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 14 bicycle through central america
- 15 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 16 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 17 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 18 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 19 Panama
- 20 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 21 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 22 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 23 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 24 Costa Rica
- 25 Which of these locations?