I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 2 Savegre Hotel
- 3 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 4 Camera & Accessories
- 5 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 Costa Rica
- 8 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 9 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 10 Westjet flights to Merida
- 11 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 12 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 13 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 14 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 15 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 16 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 17 Belize - Where to Go?
- 18 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 19 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 20 Wildlife in Belize
- 21 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 22 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 23 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
- 24 Nicaraguan Beaches
- 25 Nicaragua money questions