I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 2 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 3 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 4 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 5 In Cancun right now..
- 6 Gluten Free Belize
- 7 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 8 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 9 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 11 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 12 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 13 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 14 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 15 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 16 Places to stay in Belize
- 17 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 18 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 19 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 20 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 23 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 24 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 25 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15