I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 2 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 3 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 4 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 5 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 6 Cheap Airfare on United
- 7 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 8 Cancun and Tulum
- 9 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 10 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 11 February in Costa Rica
- 12 Wild Planet Adventures
- 13 Gap Year Travels
- 14 Selva Verde question
- 15 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 16 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 17 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 18 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica
- 19 Coba and Tulum
- 20 Advice on Costa Rica vacation
- 21 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 22 Mexico- beach resort, PV? SJ Del Cabo??
- 23 19-hour Layover in Panama City - Need some advice
- 24 SUP in Panama City
- 25 Embera Village