Hey guys and gals, I need some help coming up with an itinerary for 10 days in Costa Rica. First of let me give you all some background so you can get a feel for what I enjoy. My wife and I are both in our late mid 20's, no kids and live in California. We love to do all things outdoors and love trying new things and going on adventures. I feel like I just filled out an online dating profile......Anyways we have traveled a bit over the last few years, making it to a few parts in Mexico, some Caribbean islands, Belize, Fiji, and each of the Hawaiian islands a few times. Through these travels we have found many things that we like and many things that we have not. Starting off with the diving, obviously that is one of the best parts of the trips and I feel it will be hard to beat what we saw in Fiji and the Rainbow reef and shark dive. We love all of the "off the beaten path" non tourist stuff that we found in Belize and Fiji. I did find that Mexico and the Caribbean islands we went to were just too touristy and everything was overpriced because ship loads of people show up to snorkel and zipline. I loved that I was able to explore the country in Fiji and Belize and still feel safe yet have a sense of adventure because of the culture. We're not huge fans of big cities while on trips either. Hawaii has been amazing each time we have been there but we want to try someplace new. Like I said before we love to dive, fish, snorkel and pretty much do anything in the warm ocean water. That being said, we also loved spending time in the jungle of Belize and seeing all of the wildlife and doing the hikes(most of which aloud us to be the only ones on the trail). So a good mix would be awesome. Lodging should be nice but doesn't have to be 5 star. Pretty much we want to do lots of stuff besides just sit on a beach and have a great adventure doing things we will be talking about for years to come! Anybody that has good experience in Costa Rica please feel free to chime in. We don't care whether we fly into Liberia or San Jose and most likely we will be renting a car to allow us to move around at our leisure. We will most likely be staying in the north since we are limited on time but I'm curious if Manuel Antonio could be a possibility to drive to. So anything really helps here guys…….Hotels, places to eat, great dive spots! Thanks!
Need help coming up with a 10 day itinerary for Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 2 costa rica logistics again
- 3 costa rica logistics
- 4 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 5 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 6 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 7 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 8 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 9 Mexico Trip
- 10 Osa Hotel Questions
- 11 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 12 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 13 Cabo San Lucas
- 14 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 15 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 16 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 17 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 18 Trip ideas needed please
- 19 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 tours to gatun locks panama
- 22 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 23 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 24 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica