This is my first time to Mexico, and my boyfriend and I are planning on spending 4 weeks there. We already know we'll spend one week in Cuernavaca and one week in Oaxaca, where we'll attend a spanish immersion program in each city. We're trying to figure out what to do with the other two weeks. He wants to visit friends in Chiapas, and I want to go to Belize and spend a week on a beach. Is it possible to do all of this on a budget and in our time frame? Does anyone have any recommendations? The trip is planned for the month of July. Luckily, the spanish immersion schools will find us a local family to stay with, so we don't need lodging in Cuernavaca or Oaxaca. Any advice for where to stay in Mexico City (cheap, yet safe)? Or Chiapas or how to get to Belize?
Need advice on traveling in Mexico and Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 2 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 5 car rental companies
- 6 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 7 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 cozumel tennis
- 10 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 11 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 12 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 13 Baja California
- 14 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 15 Mexico region question
- 16 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 17 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 18 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 19 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 20 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Semana Santa itinerary
- 23 San Jose del cabo
- 24 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 25 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico