This is my first time to Mexico, and my boyfriend and I are planning on spending 4 weeks there. We already know we'll spend one week in Cuernavaca and one week in Oaxaca, where we'll attend a spanish immersion program in each city. We're trying to figure out what to do with the other two weeks. He wants to visit friends in Chiapas, and I want to go to Belize and spend a week on a beach. Is it possible to do all of this on a budget and in our time frame? Does anyone have any recommendations? The trip is planned for the month of July. Luckily, the spanish immersion schools will find us a local family to stay with, so we don't need lodging in Cuernavaca or Oaxaca. Any advice for where to stay in Mexico City (cheap, yet safe)? Or Chiapas or how to get to Belize?
Need advice on traveling in Mexico and Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 2 Costa Rica first timers
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 5 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 6 think twice before using expedia
- 7 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 8 best places in Baja
- 9 Beachfront in Tulum
- 10 Belize, first time
- 11 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 12 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 13 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 14 Costa Rica with young kids
- 15 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 16 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 17 Security in Oaxaca
- 18 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 19 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 20 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 21 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica