This is my first time to Mexico, and my boyfriend and I are planning on spending 4 weeks there. We already know we'll spend one week in Cuernavaca and one week in Oaxaca, where we'll attend a spanish immersion program in each city. We're trying to figure out what to do with the other two weeks. He wants to visit friends in Chiapas, and I want to go to Belize and spend a week on a beach. Is it possible to do all of this on a budget and in our time frame? Does anyone have any recommendations? The trip is planned for the month of July. Luckily, the spanish immersion schools will find us a local family to stay with, so we don't need lodging in Cuernavaca or Oaxaca. Any advice for where to stay in Mexico City (cheap, yet safe)? Or Chiapas or how to get to Belize?
Need advice on traveling in Mexico and Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 2 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 3 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 4 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 5 Belize Itinerary help!
- 6 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 7 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 8 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 9 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 10 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 11 Costa Rica Travel
- 12 Planning Mexico by February
- 13 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 14 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 15 A Week in Montezuma
- 16 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Book set in Panama
- 19 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 20 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 21 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 22 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 23 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 24 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 25 Yucatan Peninsula Recommendations Please (Honeymoon)