My family of 5 (3 teenage boys) plans a weeklong trip to Belize in August and we are looking for advice. I have read that ATM is a must, so I would like to do that. Snorkeling on the barrier reef seems like another must-do, but we like to snorkel from the beach, so we were thinking of staying at Pelican Beach at South Water Caye for maybe 3 nights. I am also leaning towards staying at Chan Chich, but it seems like we should stay somewhere else to do the ATM tour, as Chan Chich is far and expensive. I would rather get my money's worth for the nights we stay at Chan Chich by staying on the premises. I was thinking of maybe staying at Pook's HIll for one or two nights to do the ATM tour. I would also consider doing the PACZ overnight ATM tour, which involves camping, but since August is rainy season maybe we should not consider camping? If we just stay one night somewhere to do the ATM tour, and all we need is a clean room, as we would be on the tour all day and therefore don't need a lot of amenities that night, maybe someone knows of a well-located, clean place to stay nearby. To give you an idea of what we like, we have been to Costa Rica 3 times together and have stayed at Bosque del Cabo twice, and we loved it. We are open to other suggestions of places to stay. Bring on the advice!
Need Advice for Weeklong Itinerary in Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 5 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 6 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 8 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 12 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 13 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 14 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 15 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 16 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 17 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 20 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 21 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 22 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 23 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 24 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 25 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama