My family of 5 (3 teenage boys) plans a weeklong trip to Belize in August and we are looking for advice. I have read that ATM is a must, so I would like to do that. Snorkeling on the barrier reef seems like another must-do, but we like to snorkel from the beach, so we were thinking of staying at Pelican Beach at South Water Caye for maybe 3 nights. I am also leaning towards staying at Chan Chich, but it seems like we should stay somewhere else to do the ATM tour, as Chan Chich is far and expensive. I would rather get my money's worth for the nights we stay at Chan Chich by staying on the premises. I was thinking of maybe staying at Pook's HIll for one or two nights to do the ATM tour. I would also consider doing the PACZ overnight ATM tour, which involves camping, but since August is rainy season maybe we should not consider camping? If we just stay one night somewhere to do the ATM tour, and all we need is a clean room, as we would be on the tour all day and therefore don't need a lot of amenities that night, maybe someone knows of a well-located, clean place to stay nearby. To give you an idea of what we like, we have been to Costa Rica 3 times together and have stayed at Bosque del Cabo twice, and we loved it. We are open to other suggestions of places to stay. Bring on the advice!
Need Advice for Weeklong Itinerary in Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A Week in Montezuma
- 2 Looking for a hotel package that includes both beach and rainforest
- 3 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 4 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 5 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 6 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 7 Renting a car in Cancun
- 8 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 9 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 10 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 11 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 12 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 13 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 14 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 15 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 16 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 17 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 18 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 19 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 20 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 23 Belize Itinerary help!
- 24 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 25 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?