My family of 5 (3 teenage boys) plans a weeklong trip to Belize in August and we are looking for advice. I have read that ATM is a must, so I would like to do that. Snorkeling on the barrier reef seems like another must-do, but we like to snorkel from the beach, so we were thinking of staying at Pelican Beach at South Water Caye for maybe 3 nights. I am also leaning towards staying at Chan Chich, but it seems like we should stay somewhere else to do the ATM tour, as Chan Chich is far and expensive. I would rather get my money's worth for the nights we stay at Chan Chich by staying on the premises. I was thinking of maybe staying at Pook's HIll for one or two nights to do the ATM tour. I would also consider doing the PACZ overnight ATM tour, which involves camping, but since August is rainy season maybe we should not consider camping? If we just stay one night somewhere to do the ATM tour, and all we need is a clean room, as we would be on the tour all day and therefore don't need a lot of amenities that night, maybe someone knows of a well-located, clean place to stay nearby. To give you an idea of what we like, we have been to Costa Rica 3 times together and have stayed at Bosque del Cabo twice, and we loved it. We are open to other suggestions of places to stay. Bring on the advice!
Need Advice for Weeklong Itinerary in Belize
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID etc
- 2 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 3 Sim card and power
- 4 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 6 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 7 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 10 Mexico region question
- 11 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 12 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 13 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 14 Costa rica help
- 15 car rental companies
- 16 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 17 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 18 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 19 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 20 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 21 cozumel tennis
- 22 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 23 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 25 Baja California