My wife and I are planning to move to Antigua later this year; she was born and raised in Guate -has lived here in Los Angeles for over 10 years- and we're looking forward to moving to her homeland. I would like some advice on how she could secure a job (she's in business/administration) before we move. I'm curious of the likelihood of doing a Skype/phone interview; that's not too rare in the states but don't know about in Guatemala. At worst case scenario we can stay with her family in Guatemala City until we find work in Antigua but would prefer to bypass this step. Does anyone know of any Guatemalan job boards that we can post a resume'? As for me working, it's my understanding that I would have to wait at least 3 months to get some residency to then apply for a work visa. I'm not sure if that's correct information though. Also, we would just like to meet some people from the area to connect with. If anyone has any great general advice about moving there (or anything else) we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Moving To Antigua
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 2 December trip to CR ...Is the tour company correct ?
- 3 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 4 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 5 Playa del Carmen
- 6 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 7 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 8 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 9 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 10 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 11 tours to gatun locks panama
- 12 Panama in October
- 13 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 14 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 15 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 16 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 17 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 18 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 19 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 20 Monteverde from Liberia
- 21 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 22 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 23 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 24 mayan ruins family trip
- 25 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key