My wife and I are planning to move to Antigua later this year; she was born and raised in Guate -has lived here in Los Angeles for over 10 years- and we're looking forward to moving to her homeland. I would like some advice on how she could secure a job (she's in business/administration) before we move. I'm curious of the likelihood of doing a Skype/phone interview; that's not too rare in the states but don't know about in Guatemala. At worst case scenario we can stay with her family in Guatemala City until we find work in Antigua but would prefer to bypass this step. Does anyone know of any Guatemalan job boards that we can post a resume'? As for me working, it's my understanding that I would have to wait at least 3 months to get some residency to then apply for a work visa. I'm not sure if that's correct information though. Also, we would just like to meet some people from the area to connect with. If anyone has any great general advice about moving there (or anything else) we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Moving To Antigua
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 2 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 3 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 4 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 7 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 8 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 9 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 10 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 11 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 12 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 13 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 14 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 15 Merida-where to stay
- 16 Mexico City Hotels
- 17 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 19 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 24 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 25 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip