My wife and I are planning to move to Antigua later this year; she was born and raised in Guate -has lived here in Los Angeles for over 10 years- and we're looking forward to moving to her homeland. I would like some advice on how she could secure a job (she's in business/administration) before we move. I'm curious of the likelihood of doing a Skype/phone interview; that's not too rare in the states but don't know about in Guatemala. At worst case scenario we can stay with her family in Guatemala City until we find work in Antigua but would prefer to bypass this step. Does anyone know of any Guatemalan job boards that we can post a resume'? As for me working, it's my understanding that I would have to wait at least 3 months to get some residency to then apply for a work visa. I'm not sure if that's correct information though. Also, we would just like to meet some people from the area to connect with. If anyone has any great general advice about moving there (or anything else) we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Moving To Antigua
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 2 Costa Rica first timers
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 5 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 6 think twice before using expedia
- 7 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 8 best places in Baja
- 9 Beachfront in Tulum
- 10 Belize, first time
- 11 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 12 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 13 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 14 Costa Rica with young kids
- 15 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 16 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 17 Security in Oaxaca
- 18 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 19 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 20 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 21 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica