Me and my boyfriend (both 21 yrs old) are planing a months vacation to Mexico. We plan to drive from Tucson, Arizona. We have plans to rent an Airbnd in Oaxaca for about a month and travel to Mexico city either on our way down or on our way back. We want to get the most out of it and are determined to hit all the best surrounding cities. So far we have heard everything from complete praises to absolute horror stories. I speak pretty ok spanish. So I am here to ask, how dangerous will it be? Is driving crazy? Do I need special insurance? normally when we travel to places in Mexico closer to the boarder we do just fine. How much money will we need for the month we are planning to stay? (keep in mind we are both very low maintenance, don't mind making do and truly want to enjoy the authentic experience rather than the luxury tourist version) Will a month be too long? What are the must sees?
Would really appreciate the help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 UNITED : WINDSTREAM Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 mail b*g
- 2 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 3 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 4 Anyone interested?
- 5 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 6 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 7 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 8 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 9 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 10 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 11 Spending USD in Mexico
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Food poisoning?
- 14 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 15 Best plan - suggestions
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 17 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 18 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 19 Guanacaste in October
- 20 Good lunch spot
- 21 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 22 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 23 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 24 Art School
- 25 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School